danin316

whatz the best water cooler kit

hey peepz i run a q9650 in a HAF 932 case and got it oc'd to 4ghz on a black ops mobo runs pretty cool but wanna make this pig squel so to speak and dont think my Thermalrite TRUE is gonna hold out much longer even with 2 fans strapped to it in push pull air flow config was thinkin Liquid cooling or a hybrid would be logical next step just wanna know wats the best performing kit out there not to fussed on cost but lets not get crazy even tho the old visa will probably come out and my missus will throw me out with my computer under arm again :) all opinions will be greatly appreciated

seems like a great option although couldnt find any info on the video card cooler as i have a sapphire 4870x2 would consider this to, are they fairly unversal the video coolers or have i gotta hunt for card specific , god its 2 early to be thinkin lol

sweet although it does say it will only be compatible with the reference design 4870x2 hope that includes the sapphire one but any way thanks for your help nesquick greatly appreciated :)

sweet although it does say it will only be compatible with the reference design 4870x2 hope that includes the sapphire one but any way thanks for your help nesquick greatly appreciated :)

They are all reference design man ;)

except those Palit and Powercolor crazzy ones that have the aftermarket heatsinks.

Edited by nesquick

They are all reference design man ;)

except those Palit and Powercolor crazzy ones that have the aftermarket heatsinks.

Is there much gained by water cooling a hd4870x2? How much more can you over clock?

It depends, unless you volt mod the cores and memory its not worth it IMO unless you want silence, since you may/will 1. void the warranty, 2. could damage the card irreparably due to improper installation and 3. have to spend like $200 for the block alone plus the cost of a high end water cooling system its only an option for those that delve into the extremes of cooling.

Edited by nesquick

I have completed the same setup a few months ago -case. I got sick of hearing the Gpu fan.

Beginners water cooling system

Never going back to air cooling.