Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Greaver

After ages of searching, I finally found a mint copy

Hey Everyone

Everybody is in love with FFVII still but my all time favourite is FFVIII and i just had to share my purchase with you all.

Mint original copies go for $100+ easily in NZ but i managed to find a copy for $65 so i am so over the moon.

They could have sold Triple Triad as its own game and they would have sold a million copys.

I Frucken LOVE this game and thankfully my old PS1 is chipped so i can copy them and store the mint originals away in a fire proof box : P

Nice find!

I'm also one of the few that really liked FFVIII (Check the "Your favourite PSX game" thread). Triple Triad was great.

The old copy i have won't get past the dancing with rinoa because someone scratched it and my memory card specifically for FFVIII got lost in a move so this really feels like a new lease on life lol.

The first time i played through i never used triple triad at all, then 6 months later i played it again and thought i'd spend some quality time with the cards at the start (after discovering card/card mod the first time through) and i was amazed at the difference, no need to gain experience EVER, only AP gains, really amazing, i had 3000+ hp and 90+ strength on two characters before i even sat the seed field exam and playing cards is fun!.

Also although i love the other FF games (i still have and play FFIX, FFX and FFXII) the combination of the junctioning system and that the FFVIII world is quite "human" just rocks my socks.

But are you talking in au? Coz here in NZ thats nigh on impossible seriously, and you have to get "perfect condition, no scratches" or else you get a scratched piece of shit (via auction) i havent seen a copy in a store or at a garagesale for a long, long time

True that however if i get shafted in NZ i have a higher chance of tracking them down so it just seems easier, no matter i'm happy to pay that amount for such a great game

Are you seriously saying my mint copy of FF7 is worth $100. It's sitting in the cupboard gathering dust.