twinair

Heroes, superheroes and the banhammer, A new way of looking at hero ranks

Damn, i must have missed that one. Was i on "vacation"?

Yeah I think you were on one of your holidays at the time.

My arse you never implied it :P

I never implied it, my intention is to retain the Superhero tag.
Okay then, must've misunderstood what you were getting at then.

(And have a safe trip back, heh)

Rob.

I am confident that most of the current batch of mods/superheroes would swallow their pride and accept a demotion, if their actions were detrimental or otherwise harmful to the collective honour of those also holding such titles.

Your glass is half full.

:)

I am confident that most of the current batch of mods/superheroes would swallow their pride and accept a demotion, if their actions were detrimental or otherwise harmful to the collective honour of those also holding such titles.

Your glass is half full.

Which means he hasn't drunk enough for his judgement to be affected, right? :P

Rob.

If are so hung up on not implying something, why not post more specifically in future?

David's interpretation seems like the most reasonable one, taking your post AND the context.

You shouldn't be surprised if someone takes your comment in a way you may not have intended, if you are going to be very obtuse in your posting.

Well said. It's getting annoying when people post something with an obvious implication, and don't seem to be capable of realizing that, and instead blame you for making an incorrect assumption...it seems to have been increasing lately. If you make a post with an obvious implication which is contrary to your intended meaning, correct it, don't blame the other person for reading it as it should be read.

Bring back the Hitlist!

/sheds a tear

Ah my favourite Atomic myth...

Them were the days.

If are so hung up on not implying something, why not post more specifically in future?

David's interpretation seems like the most reasonable one, taking your post AND the context.

You shouldn't be surprised if someone takes your comment in a way you may not have intended, if you are going to be very obtuse in your posting.

Then again specificity isn't exactly a 1shot hallmark.

I thought that what I'd posted was specific enough. Obviously for the pedants around here it wasn't. :p

Then again specificity isn't exactly a 1shot hallmark.

I thought that what I'd posted was specific enough. Obviously for the pedants around here it wasn't. :p

This no winning against ^this^ cunt, I don't know why youse even try.

You guys seem to be taking this 'Hero' thing a bit too seriously.

I've never known an internet forum to be so passionate about the 'e-wang'.

Except it has nothing to do with e-wang.

agreed. it's a badge of honour.

Well seems like e-wang to those of us who have only recently been introduced to the concept.

Urban dictionary defines it as:

1. Your e-penis

2. How confident you are online.

3. How much clout you wield (online).

Wouldn't it fit neatly into definition #3?

In any case I can't remember ever seeing such a ruckus about ranks in any forum anywhere. But if it makes you feel better, I'm happy to be bumped from Overlord down to Janitor or whatever floats your boats.

Edited by just_some_guy

Urban dictionary is pretty dodgy at the best of times. Like Wikipedia, except rarely moderated.

e-peen, from what I've come to understand, is used to describe someone's ego on the Internet. It plays on the 'my penis is bigger than yours' mindset.

I fail to see the connection between Heroship and excessive ego. But that's my take on it.

Urban dictionary is pretty dodgy at the best of times.

Very true. It does but it does seem to accord in this instance with Laptirp's views.

Urban dictionary is pretty dodgy at the best of times.

Very true. It does but it does seem to accord in this instance with Laptirp's views.

That maybe so........but it's a minority view.

Did she ever make Hero on her other account?

That maybe so........but it's a minority view.

Well actually, it's currently 3-all, if we only count the whole of the Urban Dictionary as a solitary vote. Edited by just_some_guy