Sign in to follow this  
syntaxerror

Windows 7 - Concurrent RDP Sessions

Howdy Atomic, did a search, came up with nada (Though my search-fu may be poor). I like RDP. It is handy for me, but I've been wishing for some way to not kick off the current user. I'd much rather not worry about grabbing a seperate app for this sort of thing, though, purely because it's used on a whole two, maybe three machines and I just don't want the hassle of wrangling a seperate application.

I did however, spy this. As usual, I understand the whole "your risk" aspect. What I'm interested in is whether this sort of thing will actually make something go bad or whether it should be fine. If it's not good then I'll live with booting users off. What does Atomic think?

For the most part, that will probably work without a problem. You mal also want to look at a VNC setup, which can handle multiple users natively.

Connecting to a server OS via RDP will not kick the other user off, unless you're logging in to the console session ( /admin nowadays). Of course this information is completely useless to you.

It's been over 5 years since i've used PcAnywhere but I belive that allowed the person at the machine to stay logged in while a remote user connected (to the same session).