Director

Windows 7 pricing.

will the basic win7 have support for DX10/11 games? and what the heck... basic doesnt have multi monitor support? i thought that was a driver option added by the vid card??? not supported in basic win7.... thats bogus.....

So is there any difference between the OEM version and the retail version aside from not having a box/manual etc?

I read elsewhere something along the lines of not being able to use your OEM copy on a new PC with different hardware from a previous install/PC?

If 7 is gonna be around for a few years longer than Vista, I don't really wanna risk not being able to install a legitimate copy onto a new PC.

OEM I'm pretty sure the license becomes tied to what ever computer you first install it on. Not allowed to uninstall and reinstall onto another computer if you wanted.

Retail packs come with both 32 and 64 bit media without the limitation of having to be tied to a particular PC.

If you want to be even stingier though, get an OEM upgrade :P

Ah, I see.

I guess I'll have to fork out for a retail copy, as I'm not too keen on re-buying a copy if I do a major upgrade.

is the student version of windows 7 professional a retail copy that can be reinstalled again?

edit: also how much does the backup dvd cost, or is it possible to get the tsudent version as a dvd instead of a download?

Edited by dumpst0r