LordBug

A difficult request

Does anyone have their old Master of Orion 2 CD handy, or even better, the game installed?

If you do, would you be able to upload the "setsound.exe" file?

The old copy I've got (A copy of an install I did off the free version from a PCPP CD, no idea where the CD is anymore) doesn't have that file. Which is necessary to enable sound under DOSBox, otherwise you spend hours of gameplay in silence, like my friend and I did on Saturday night as we lanned it up.

Google has let me down in trying to locate the file by itself (No surprise though, I would've been surprised if someone had just left it laying around), and the other option is Uncle Torrence (But even with my increased quote, thanks iiNet, I just cannot be arsed... yet).

If anyone can help me, I'll be eternally grateful :)

I'm pretty sure you can download the full install exe, I have one here that I found via google (and is legit).

Well, at the moment it'd be a bit hard for me to download the entire installer, however, setsound.exe should only be a few hundred bytes if even a kb, which would mean I'd be able to see if I can get it working without having to spend ten or fifteen minutes downloading (When I get home, and if I remember :P).

You rock Blue Fire :)

But alas! Upon trying to run it, it tells me "No audio drivers found in current directory" :O

Looks like I'll have to forage for a legit download.

Cheers guys, I will not fail in this quest, even if it kills me! (Though I might give up if I get a nasty headache :P)

Uncle Torrence did smile upon me (Can't believe how many seeders!), and I have now gotten my hands on the required files, and audio doth work! :D

So now my mate and I can stop singing to fill in for the lack of sound whilst playing :P