Sign in to follow this  
hawkeye

Silverstone and Shuttle

Hey folks, TheFrunj and I will be chatting shortly with some of the gang from Silverstone and Shuttle, about gaming cases, mini-water-cooled PCs, and more. But we thought we'd give the gang (ie, you!) the chance to get any burning questions you might have out of your system.

So, if you want to ask the Silverstone product manager about the funky Raven cases, or you want to know what's possessed Shuttle to start experimenting with water-cooling, or anything else, now's your chance.

We'll take the most interesting questions straight to the horse's mouth :)

While we have moved away from the old beige boxes, when is someone going to take the next leap and do something that isn't a box, eg Thermaltake's Level 10?

As silver is found in a wide variety of ores, what is a silver stone actually composed of?

*EDIT* Oh, and ask them if they'd mind buying and gifting me the necessary equipment to properly test PSUs? I'd totally put any Silverstone PSUs they wanted reviewed at the top of the pile as payback (although, naturally, I'd only tell the truth about them).

Edited by tantryl

Ask them why they think watercooling in a midget case is a good idea, surely they would know this from the success of the TJ-07 as a watercoolers case of choice.

oh and tell them to make the FT-01 $100 again because that would be awesome.

I own a Silverstone SG03 and the one thing that really shits me about this case (and also applies to the SG04 as TheFrunj would have found out not long ago) is the fact that the front I/O port cables are of the standard length found in your average tower case.

My question therefore is, Why aren't the front I/O port cables shorter in the SG03/04 mini-cases? In fact why bother with them at all in a case this size?

Cheers,

Why are the I/O cables always way too short to run behind the mobo (or has that changed recently)?

How much of a driver are case manufacturers to changes in motherboard layout?

Would you be willing to work in concert with a mobo manufaturer and come out with something really unique, like splitting the board in two (with a bridge) or something like that?

How about producing some cases in a primer or undercoat finish so enthusiasts can paint their own colour schemes on them?

Low volume I know but perhaps there is a niche there to be exploited.

Or even a case with a variety of different front fascias (sold separately) for different purposes?

Edited by aliali

Ask them why they think watercooling in a midget case is a good idea, surely they would know this from the success of the TJ-07 as a watercoolers case of choice.

oh and tell them to make the FT-01 $100 again because that would be awesome.

Second both those ideas.

yer did they get any of there ideas for the raven layout from me? :)

the original

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y83/dasa09/caselayout.jpg

although rough as guts there is a few similaritys between this and the raven

and a more recent slightly neater revision with google sketch

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y83/dasa09/casescetch1.jpg

this one has two 200mm fans

air moves down threw the hdd out threw the psu or up and out the upper rear fan

Edited by Dasa

Good questions, guys - I'll put together five of the best this arvo, so if anyone else is curious, now's the time!

Just out of interest hawkeye, can you list the questions that made the list?

Is the RAVENS rotated ATX to be a standard feature in the furture ?

because people want to use high end gear in their little shuttle. why they do this has me fucked tho, good amd are great for this and dont get hot to boot,

]

Edited by xlar8

Here's the list I'm thinking of for now:

1. While we have moved away from the old beige boxes, when is someone going to take the next leap and do something that isn't a box, eg Thermaltake's Level 10?

2. Why do you think watercooling in a small case is a good idea?

3. Is the RAVENS rotated ATX to be a standard feature in the furture? (Silverstone only, of course)

Still need two or three more! Good questions about case design are almo9st guaranteed to make the list :)

Will they stick with Alluminum as the main case material or swap production to steel in the future to save costs maybe?

Edited by nesquick

Do they see the growing emergence of micro-ATX as a change to facilitate new case designs?

i have a q. for them

will they ever do another revision on the TJ07, and if they do will it include things like eSATA, 3x 120mm fans on top of the case, standard rad mountings in the bottom chamber?

Your arse also looks big in that koala suit maxx.

Why don't you ask them about any concept idea's they have coming along! For internal layout and external design.

Will these questions and answers be published in issue 104 ?