fredzfrog

So.. Why dont we have a TF2 night?

the idea: we all jump on TF2 one night for lolz and pwnage.

the reason: 101 members and most seem to play tf2.

the when: a friday night or something?

the server: can we book one for a night?

any ideas?

-----

yay for sirsquidness!

123.100.228.110:27021 will be the address.

Password is 'Atomic'

-----

Edited by fredzfrog

Sounds good, I'm in. I can probably do friday nights after work. Just pick a time and I'll see if I can make it :)

Booking a server is probably a good idea.

I've got it but am rubbish at it and have very little experience. I wouldn't mind jumping on & learning the ropes in a friendlier environment. Shouldn't take too long to become competitive. The people on the regular servers make me cry. So count me in.

If I could join the group, I'd be in. Depending on night/time combination.

i'd be up for this too :) [b33r]Jester is me so I'f i see anyone on playing in the group I'll try and join I promise to try to be normal :)

wouldn't mind playing some l4d as well as I need more friendly people to play with in there. I mean zombies just dont kill themselves you know.

id be up for that, but im already booked out for friday night untill midnight or so, unless your still going to be playing then??

I'll give SirSquidness a kick in the arse, afaik he has a server (or access to one) we can probably ask for.

I'm up for this if it's at a decent/free time :)

Id be up for it... depends on time on a firday night. latley ive been working night shifts only :(.

I will play but I really suck since I have nfi what I am meant to be doing.

It's easy, go pyro, hold down the forward button and first mouse button. Run into enemies. Rinse, repeat.

But seriously, pyro is a good pick up and play class, and you can be slightly less retarded if you do the above while staying out of the line of fire- go around the back way so you can sneak up and ambush enemies at close range. Also, flame everyone you see including teammates as this helps uncover spies, and use the alternate fire airblast to put out burning teammates and move sticky bombs, also push invincible opponents around to mess up their uber.

last time I played I just went engineer and ran around putting up sentry guns everywhere and let the team do the heavy lifting since I was like wtf am I doing lol and then someones like theres so many bad engineers I was just like <.< :p

You could check out www.tf2wiki.net if you wanted more info on how to play.

Nah man I cbf I will stick to COD4 I think.

Colour me interested.

Friday night this week is fine. Any thoughts on map rotation?

Pipeline and maybe either Gold or Bad, just not both.

Have you checked out the TF2 Gun orchestra?

Ehhh... not pipeline, its a pretty crappy map really, especially the final one. I'd prefer CP maps over payload maps.

Nah man I cbf I will stick to COD4 I think.

Wimp :P

Ehhh... not pipeline, its a pretty crappy map really, especially the final one. I'd prefer CP maps over payload maps.

Pipeline can be funish, but I prefer Badwater Basin.

I'll even admit to liking 2fort!

Turbine is a nicely balanced one too, though it can get a little standstoppy if one team turtles with engineers.

Prolly best to go for a mix.

Hydro for sure. Gravel / Eygpt / CP Well?

Pipeline can be funish, but I prefer Badwater Basin.

I'll even admit to liking 2fort!

Turbine is a nicely balanced one too, though it can get a little standstoppy if one team turtles with engineers.

I don't mind 2fort either really, except its too easy to turtle and the game stalemates. Really needs another entrance to the intel rooms IMHO.

Snipers are totally useless on the battlements in this map though- everyone seems to do it and all they do is shoot at the snipers on the enemy battlements while the rest of the team fights...

I don't mind turbine either actually- its a pretty basic map but can be good fun. And one good uber will clear out those sentries....

i find that the heavy is also fairly easy for newer players to pickup. lots of health, lots of ammo, and can be fairly fun too.

if its on at the right time itll be a good chance for me to hone my spy skillz >:)

Prolly best to go for a mix.

Hydro for sure. Gravel / Eygpt / CP Well?

Yes to a mix, but I'll be very lost in the first two maps there since I've hardly played them >.>

I don't mind 2fort either really, except its too easy to turtle and the game stalemates. Really needs another entrance to the intel rooms IMHO.

Snipers are totally useless on the battlements in this map though- everyone seems to do it and all they do is shoot at the snipers on the enemy battlements while the rest of the team fights...

Yeah, it is a bit easy to defend. I lol at all the snipers lining up shooting at each other though - one game there was about eight a side (from twelve a side) doing it :/ At least with the Huntsman they attack peeps on the ground a bit too.

if its on at the right time itll be a good chance for me to hone my spy skillz >:)

EEW! KILL IT! BURN IT WITH FIRE!

/flames you