fredzfrog

So.. Why dont we have a TF2 night?

Would love to play tf2 tonight, cant get my game to run though....opens the preparing to launch dialog box, then closes.....any help?

Make sure you have tried everything in the thread Gunny linked to, especially the "delete everything in your steam directory except for steam.exe and \steamapps\, then restart steam" bit. Otherwise...

#1 - Close Steam. Go in to steam\steamapps\<username>\ and rename the folder "Team Fortress 2" to something else. Restart Steam, try and launch TF2.

#2 - See the PM I sent you.

Would love to play tf2 tonight, cant get my game to run though....opens the preparing to launch dialog box, then closes.....any help?

Make sure you have tried everything in the thread Gunny linked to, especially the "delete everything in your steam directory except for steam.exe and \steamapps\, then restart steam" bit. Otherwise...

#1 - Close Steam. Go in to steam\steamapps\<username>\ and rename the folder "Team Fortress 2" to something else. Restart Steam, try and launch TF2.

#2 - See the PM I sent you.

one time at band camp....

my firewall software suddenly blocked a steam port and borked steam. work a crack nigel?

And by suddenly you mean Norton?

No. Not for some times. Used Norton (the software/virus) with windows 98 maybe.

I was using NOD32's Firewall it would have been it. But it was super gay that it just 'flipped out' and stuffed steam, since all other fixes have failed. it sounded like a connection to steam problem, if steam cant update or validate gcf's it stops the games running.