• BenQ U101 Joybook
    • OCZ Neutrino
    • Dell Latitude 2100
    • Fujitsu M2010
    • Toshiba NB200
    • Sony VAIO P
    • Other

Yea, I might get the dell mini.

But I have about 3 microfibre cloths now.

One came with my EEE, one I bought in a PC cleaning pack and the other came with a windows mag along with a keyboard brush.

Is the VIA C7-M a write-off?

I was considering the HP Mini-Note 2133 over all those listed in the pole. Casing and keyboard is magnificent: build quality seems to pants the ASUS, Acer and MSI offerings.

Can anyone point me to a solid review/benchmark of the C7-M versus the Atom N270? *Google is not a verb*

None of the above.

HP2133 Mini-Note. With the 1.6 GHz C7M, 2GB RAM, and I swapped the 120GB HDD for a 64GB SSD, and usually have a 16GB SD card in it for the hell of it.

Also dropped it back to XP Home.

Does anything match the EEEPC in terms of battery?

I get 6.5 hours out of my E1000H on a good day, and a mate of mine gets 8 - 9 out of his 901.

Is it worth getting anything other than an EEE if you want long battery life?

Does anything match the EEEPC in terms of battery?

I get 6.5 hours out of my E1000H on a good day, and a mate of mine gets 8 - 9 out of his 901.

Is it worth getting anything other than an EEE if you want long battery life?

I'm getting Approx 3 Hours out of my 3-Cell battery in my Aspire - that's with debian setup to scale the speed of the processor and the fan.

With the 6 cell it'd be able to do 6 hours easy I reckon.

Argh

Dropped it on the cement last night after a few drinks

Didn't damage the casing, but the screens all banding and stuff.

A new LCD can't be expensive if the machine costs like $600 right?...

HAHAHA, Voney dropped his EEE901 the other night, no scratches, no damage.

Guess we know who is the superior netbook manufacturer....

I would guess the screens are cheapish, check ebay and other forumes for people that are selling busted netbooks due to other faults, they generally turf the parts for real cheap.

HAHAHA, Voney dropped his EEE901 the other night, no scratches, no damage.

Guess we know who is the superior netbook manufacturer....

I bet the Aspire would've been fine too

Problem is that I directly dropped it on it's screen from about chest height on the cement while trying to remove the battery.

Case is fine though!

It's only been a few days and I'm missing it :(

Gonna call Acer later and find out screen pricing, I've got the sneaking suspicion that the cost would mean it'd be more worthwhile buying another unit.

Bad news guys.

Dual Core Atom's will NOT be used in Netbooks. Apparently Intel has banned anyone from implementing the Atom 330 is a Netbook.

I've been waiting for nothing...

Oh and check out the new Asus N10J. A pretty nice Netbook for a price of... wait for it... 1.3k @ Centrecom.

Centrecom are also having a massive sale on Laptops. Check out the PDF on their website.

Anyway I guess I'll wait for the AMD Athlon 2000X2 or the VIA Nano to be in my Netbook. Intel has failed me this time.

Well, my Dell Mini has finally been ordered. I am waiting with much anticipation and impatience.

Photos and impressions will surface when it does.

I bought myself an aspire one - all up about $525 with cashback which I think is a steal - really cheap and usable and I touch type with it just fine *using this now* - its quite a nice little machine, videos/mp3s/word/quicken..etc on the go - very nice. I'm having a great time with my new companion. Wifi couch emailing/facebooking is NICE.

i'm uninspired by the audio output of my new 1000h. but i cant see me using it without some sort of headphones really.

i'm overjoyed at the performance of the unit overall tho. i found it to be exceptional, but that might also have something to do with th 2gb of ram sitting in there :P

and video playback looks phenominal. about to watch Terminator: SCC again because of it.

As long as you have the latest Realtek HD Audio drivers installed, you should be able to tweak the audio to how you want.

Mine was shit until I updated the drivers, and now it is actually decent enought to watch media on.

Asus EEE 701, Linux, its pink and its pretty :)

Haven't tweaked it a whole lot, but since you guys recommended the driver updates, might give that a go down the road.

All I do on the thing is net stuff, so the thread title is very suitable. Who writes documents these days anyways xD

I use mine for doco a lot. Why even this week, I've been in a review meeting all week, and it's been handy having 2 laptops.

My full sized work laptop running dual head with the screen and a projector for the documents under review.

Even with that the netbook was still used every day for searching and writing extra doco in parallel - and for email/web (since it's safer to not open email on a machine that's driving a projector)

stadl: Ah, work purposes :)

My netbook is purely for personal use, and I don't find myself using it too much unless I bring it with me away from my desk at home.