• Samsung N110
    • BenQ U101 Joybook
    • OCZ Neutrino
    • Dell Latitude 2100
    • Fujitsu M2010
    • Toshiba NB200
    • Sony VAIO P
    • Other

I want a Dell Mini 9 but it's just so expensive.

2nd best looking Netbook though after the ECS G10IL...

*Drool...*

The Dell Mini is $599

Not one of the cheapest, but by no means is it one of the more expensive ones. There are quite a few netbooks that are more expensive the Dell.

Not sure about the cost on the Dell

Does come with bluetooth, the Acer does not.

Though it's maximum storage size is currently 16GB SSD, where the Aspire has 120GB and is not much more expensive, depending on where you buy it's around $620

Though the Dell has a weird keyboard layout, the ~/` and F Keys for instance are actually missing and replaced by funky FN+<Key> combinations

F1 for instance is FN+A

It's not like they couldn't have added 1 more row to the keyboard, there's plenty of room at the top of the notebook that's wasted space.

What type of battery life can you expect from the Aspire One (3 cell, since thats what people seem to be selling) browsing the net on wifi, or watching MPEG4 video?

Rob.

Ahh ... after reading all this im even more tempted to upgrade :(

I've been swinging towards the 1000H, but the Dell sounds sweet if I can get their hands on one!

What type of battery life can you expect from the Aspire One (3 cell, since thats what people seem to be selling) browsing the net on wifi, or watching MPEG4 video?

Rob.

I've gotten quite a good battery life browsing the net, at least 2-2.5 hours maybe more

MPEG4 on the other hand I'm not sure, I'll have to give it a go for you and let you know.

Ahh ... after reading all this im even more tempted to upgrade :(

I've been swinging towards the 1000H, but the Dell sounds sweet if I can get their hands on one!

MSY has the 1000H for 589 White and 599 black, so i'm now considering getting that over the Dell.

So many choices =(

I am going to keep saying this...

Dells may be nice and pretty, but the EEE100H is a fantastic device, cheap(er) and has so many upgrade options.

the thing is they're all pretty much the same aside from the SSD/HDD options. (the Atom based netbooks that is)

Same chipset, same processors but the differences are storage, display size and battery life.

which is why the 1000h is a sexy machine :)

10 inch display, decent sized keyboard, easy to upgrade ram and hdd. can use this sucker all day on battery power at work, and still enough juice to control everything at home remotely.

the only thing that shits me is the placement of the RHS shift key... i am used to using my pinky with it, and unfortunately i keep hitting up - which fucks up what i've already written. But i'm already used to using my left pinky for it, so no real dramas there.

Ehh the style of the EEE doesn't pique my interest

Had a look at all of the EEE's at Atomic Live and was mainly noticing the ridiculously massive hinge and the general cheap look of the plastic which I suppose is inherent in white pearl plastics even like the Aspire One uses.

They didn't have the S101 There, but they did have the N10 which was a damn sexy machine with a great screen, keyboard and finish not to mention specs. it also has a biometric fingerprint reader.

The N10 is niice :P

I hate the looks of EEE's personally. The ugly logo and the fat hinge make it look shit. I mean, who wants a massive cylinder on their Netbook?

I hate the looks of EEE's personally. The ugly logo and the fat hinge make it look shit. I mean, who wants a massive cylinder on their Netbook?

Hmmm, that is something I have never looked at or cared about too much.

On looking at it closely, I still don't care a great deal.

Each to their own though.

Well there are new contenders on the way from Toshiba and Fujitsu. I'll keep you guys updated.

Where the fk is the ECS G10IL? I want one.

I had a motherboard from ECS once. I really hope their manufacturing capability has grown beyond the "4 year old playing with lego" stage.

I've gotta find something to critisize the Eee with, how else am I going to rationally justify not buying it :P

Just say it isn't a macbook air and be done with it.

We all know that is what you want to say.

If the Macbook Air was cheap enough I'd be all over it.

It's also not a netbook either :P

Considering the Air costs more than my Macbook Pro did, it'd be a downgrade and a waste of money for me :P

$600 for a laptop that I might hardly use seems fair enough though

Well after such a long absence, not much has changed in the Netbook arena.

Lenovo S10's are being released VERY soon and they look well built. Typical features of other Netbooks. Reviews can be found on the net.

ECS G10IL still hasn't even been released. It was planned for bloody September! It's now November.

HP Mini 1000 is soon to be released as well. Reviews can be found on the net.

Asus has their N10J readily available for nearly $1000. I guess you pay for the dedicated 9300m graphics which ain't too shabby.

Gigabyte M192 still no where to be seen like the ECS...

MSI are preparing their U120 for launch. Their U100's come with 6 cell batteries as standard now and are the best performing Netbooks on the market.

Due to come are Samsung, who have a very attractive Netbook. LG's X110 is coming soon too.

AMD are going to release their Atom smasher next year. Might be too late for most of us...

I'm your host David Nguyen. Good Night.