mobon

Ghost Busters!

for anyone deciding to get the ps3 or the 360 version, get the 360 version... the ps3 has some framerate issues.

still alot of fun and you dont notice after a while but i certainly did after playing the 360 version first.

The PS3 version doesn't run at HD resolutions, let alone the same framerate. It's also missing some shaders and lighting.

But hey, this has all been posted on here before, but we wouldn't want you wearing out the search function.

The PS3 version doesn't run at HD resolutions, let alone the same framerate. It's also missing some shaders and lighting.

But hey, this has all been posted on here before, but we wouldn't want you wearing out the search function.

yeh i guess i should have googled and wikapediad before posting hey.

My mate has been bugging me to get it on PS3, but after playing it on PC, im not gonna bother, game gets boring after a while, and after seeing all the comparisons, there is no way in hell id even consider it.

I've heard it's fairly repetitive and short, I'll be waiting for a serious price drop or to borrow it. As a side note, after watching it the other day, any Ghostbusters 2 apologists need to be taken out into the street and kicked in the nuts. That movie is absolutely terrible.

Get fucked, GB2 may not be as good as the first, but its far from terrible! Come on! A ghost version of the Titanic!!!!

im enjoying ghost busters on ps3 , i played for 3 hours straight last night and had to rip myself off it, this is usually a good sign because i have a low tolerance for crap games and they get switched off fast.

I grabbed it on PS3, since PC has no multiplayer... and I am enjoying it.

Not overly fussed about the framerate in a single player unless it's an FPS.

Being a Ghostbusters fan, I am quite enjoying the game.

Good fun.

From what I can tell, its really a game aimed at the fans (I know, DERR right?) but its good to see. Being a fan I think I'll snatch a copy of this game.

From what I can tell, its really a game aimed at the fans (I know, DERR right?) but its good to see. Being a fan I think I'll snatch a copy of this game.

its worth it just for the original voice actors if youre a fan.

also i have read that its basicly ghostbusters 3 in game form, its written by dan akroyd and harold raymis.

Edited by mobon

I played it from beginning to end in around 3 days, fairly casually.

I loved every damn second of it, but as I said in the other thread, I was biased towards loving it due to being a kid of the 80's.

There is no mistaking that it is the 3rd GB movie; Ramis and Akroyd say as much in some of the interviews. They state that that is how they treated writing the script. The fact that every one of the original cast (bar Sigourney) is back on board also speaks volumes for it.

MP is fairly lacklustre though, but then, who gives a fuck about the MP?

For what it is worth, if you're keen on picking it up, either import the 360 version, or wait until later this year when it hits our shores.

TL:DR - Absolutely worth a rent, but spend your $89-$110 on Red Faction/inFamous instead.

Edited by elfinke

yeh well if i finish it in a week ill be taking it back for call of juarez- bound in blood.

I just got an email today saying that the GhostBusters game has just come out today on XB360 - is that correct?

if the email is about 6 months old.

Yeah, sony paid for it to be a staggered launch in australia.

*EDIT* A timed exclusive is the correct term.

Edited by nukejockey

I just got an email today saying that the GhostBusters game has just come out today on XB360 - is that correct?

Yes that is correct. It has been officially released in Australia now.

Yes that is correct. It has been officially released in Australia now.

How dumb is that...we'll release it months ago and now just "officially" release it? WTF!

How dumb is that...we'll release it months ago and now just "officially" release it? WTF!

They did release it months ago, officially, on the PS3.

They just now released it, officially, on the 360.

Not hard to understand?

They did release it months ago, officially, on the PS3.

They just now released it, officially, on the 360.

Not hard to understand?

Actually it is because the advert did not refer to a specific console or PC release...so based on that I would assume it was released on the same day (yesterday) for all versions (based on the advert)

Actually it is because the advert did not refer to a specific console or PC release...so based on that I would assume it was released on the same day (yesterday) for all versions (based on the advert)

Can't say I've seen the ads.

That is weird then.