Girvo

Collaborative Atomic Skin

So, we all whinged about the current look for Atomic. Not the greatest in the forum, I'll admit.

But we can do better!

What about a collaborative effort to re-create the old forum's look and feel?

Anyone up for it?

:)

hmm...

sounds all good to me, or at least in the spirit of fun anyway.

(shame i'm no good at this sort of thing...)

I think the banner looks fantastic though im not a fan of full screen forums, something like 800px width would be more appropriate. Can be easy to do now as its just a simple CSS file from IP

I'm useless in terms of helping... aside from ripping into stuff I don't like :>

I'd like what we have now, just inverted colours basically (keep the background black tho') which would give a beige/off-white/light grey on black theme.

Actually Im starting to get used to this and into the hang of it..

But good idea though, would like to see it progress, I can help out with photoshop work, some graphics etc etc.

Dont ask me to do a designer's job though and come up with colour schemes and all that.

I'll be cheering from the side lines and possibly helping :)

I'm useless in terms of helping... aside from ripping into stuff I don't like :>

You should get a job with SBS as a movie critc.

I noticed the skin selector down the bottom.. which means.. we can potentially have a fair number of skins to choose from to personalize this place more yeah?

I think a classic 2.6 version is in order.. but I also think the standard should be more inline with the design of the mag and the existing elements of the new site.

But definitely should be light font on dark background.. not this "AHH MY EYES IT BURNS" crap.

:D

Theres afew things that bugs me... the main thing is the dark on light that should be the opposite.

Secondary is the buttons. and third.. some of the minor graphics...

I want my forum bar back. and the colours to go back how they were, I dont mind a few design pages but the basic functionallity I used to have would be great. Will a skin achieve that? I don't know how customisable this stuff is...

I want my forum bar back. and the colours to go back how they were, I don't mind a few design pages but the basic functionallity I used to have would be great. Will a skin achieve that? I don't know how customisable this stuff is...

well... it is css controlled Id expect.. so... very possible I assume, if the zen css website is any example to go by.

I wouldn't mind lending a hand, but I love this layout.

Just add lens flare to everything and shade a few buttons, and you'll have people screaming "REVOLUTIONARY!!".

I wouldn't mind lending a hand, but I love this layout.

Just add lens flare to everything and shade a few buttons, and you'll have people screaming "REVOLUTIONARY!!".

LOL..

I know... noobs are so easy to please..

I'm going through the HTML and CSS now to try and make a few quick changes for Master Scythe.

It's just as ugly as before, everything is in tables and it's not clear where they inherit values from.

Had another look.

Tired as all hell, but looks like the styles are in two seperate places.

Might have a look again tomorrow if I have time.

Main things I'd like to get changed are getting rid of the fixed sized text and using em measurements instead of px measurements, and making something similar to the old style.

Their reference documentation for the CSS on the IPB site should tell you where the tables inherit from SFD :)

Yeah I have no idea how to do these things but if you give me specific file size and types for various graphics I could whip some stuff up :)

what kind of weird buttons and such can I come up with hmmm?

I noticed the skin selector down the bottom.. which means.. we can potentially have a fair number of skins to choose from to personalize this place more yeah?

I think a classic 2.6 version is in order.. but I also think the standard should be more inline with the design of the mag and the existing elements of the new site.

But definitely should be light font on dark background.. not this "AHH MY EYES IT BURNS" crap.

:D

Theres afew things that bugs me... the main thing is the dark on light that should be the opposite.

Secondary is the buttons. and third.. some of the minor graphics...

If this burns your eyes you've been sitting in the dark for far too long in front of a monitor all hunched over like the hunchback of notre dam.

Colour theme? Atomic colour - bright lime green, nuclear symbol? bright yellow! lime green text on yellow background, lets see how your eyes like that! :P

Their reference documentation for the CSS on the IPB site should tell you where the tables inherit from SFD :)

I hate you.

And everyone else that didn't tell me this existed =P QQ

Do you have any idea how painful it is going through table after table trying to find out where everything is?

If this burns your eyes you've been sitting in the dark for far too long in front of a monitor all hunched over like the hunchback of notre dam.

Colour theme? Atomic colour - bright lime green, nuclear symbol? bright yellow! lime green text on yellow background, lets see how your eyes like that! :P

LOL.. at least it was memorable.. obviously burnt into your skull :P

That was then.. this is now, while my initial colour scheme was off my concept of what I had intended is what we currently see now.

A much more up to date look with a marrying of both the mag and the site.

I hate you.

And everyone else that didn't tell me this existed =P QQ

Do you have any idea how painful it is going through table after table trying to find out where everything is?

Very?

: D