Sign in to follow this  
N3M3SiS

[PS3] Warhawk

I've been getting into this again the last few nights (http://www.warhawk.com) and I'd encourage anyone with a PS3 that likes a bit of a battle to do the same!

My PS3 doesn't seem to like the BT headset for my mobile so no voice comms at this end but its not really that essential.

Anyone else got this going at the moment? Would like to get even a small crew together for some nightly battles.

Yeah no one really uses voice chat on it anyway :( Strange as it comes WITH a headset. I use the one it came with and voice quality is a joke anyway.

Good fun though. Takes a little while to get into it, as I'm used to more indepth sort of pc games, but once you grasp what the game is all about you realise its actually a fair bit of fun and pretty addicitive.

Haha yeah I went the download option so no working headset here.

Yeah you're right, it did take a little to get into the groove of it and I can appreciate the complete lack of single player might put a few people off.

That said it really is a solid title in my opinion, have gotten into the clan play at all?

Warhawk is awesome. Absolutely brilliant online flight/shooter. I recommend it as well.

I haven't played in a while, but only due to being hellishly busy.

The game has a steep and frustrating learning curve, and there was an initial period where the fun was overshadowed by relentless slaughter at the hands of people that knew the ins and outs. Once you get a handle on missile locks and evasion though it's a just a brilliant game.

As for headset, I didn't bother. The only time I hear voice chat is when people are rambling useless shit, and I'm more than happy to tune out.

Yeah dont play it enough to get into any community stuff.

The only thing I dont like about any console game online really is the backwards communication. It does turn me off a little. I either want to talk to people or have everyone able to type easily. No communication just makes you feel so diconnected to the other gamers.

But yeah when I do hear talking its all just dribble anyway. Odd when I then jump on tf2 on pc and can have a whole team engaged in boisterous conversation at the drop of a hat :P

Hopefully they will address these issues soon. I know the new socom comes bundled with the new ps3 official headset. Hopefully it will boost ingame comms a little throughout the library :)