Sign in to follow this  
the_13th

Xbox 360 Wireless

First things first Im going to bitch, I knew it before I bought it but it really annoys me that the 360 is the only console of the three without build in wireless, and that on top of that they expect to get $149 for a Wireless G adapter. Okay Im done acting like a three year old back to my question.

I heard a rumour that there is a Wireless N adapter on the way, which if thats true Im going to hold off, especially if the $99 price tag parts true, I have a Wireless N router so.. well it makes sense.

Edit: Yes I realise that the Xbox website claims $99 for RRP but its been what? 3 maybe 4 months since the price drop, Im yet to see a major chain drop their prices. Anyway Id prefer the N if the rumours true anyway

Edited by the_13th

Well I did test a usb device never worked though, has to be a router eh? Option ;)

No clues on the rumour?

Edited by the_13th

What exactly would be the benefit of N wireless, unless you're going to be streaming video of course..?

What exactly would be the benefit of N wireless, unless you're going to be streaming video of course..?

Range. Reliability.

As for the type, obviously it can't be a USB adaptor. It's a console, not a PC. You can either use the official adaptor, a router or a dedicated bridge.

Range and reliability are big factors, streaming video is another.

Ill look in to the briudge options around, see what Im looking at