Sign in to follow this  
Oracle X

ZOMG! It's C&C4!

Even after the nerf, shoguns are still quite powerful, and onis can't go in water. So don't build your docks near land, and move mcv off shore. oni and shoguns are both teir 3.

So then he has waveforce to maybe reach it. But no anti air between those two units. ChopperVX time if you didn't go docks.

Multiplayer games are as competitive as those playing them. What if the other guy doesn't harras your econ and sits in his base as well, building kirovs? who wins then? Doesn't seem a sure win anymore.

What's this talk about a colossus? Do you guys have the beta already of SC2?

Edit: Also I'm pretty sure ea stole the tengu/vx idea from sc2's viking. They are pretty much the same.

Unless sc2 stole it from ra3...

Edited by rhinocerer

What's this talk about a colossus? Do you guys have the beta already of SC2?

err... galactic collossus? most powerful unit in any game to date? take about an hour to build? lol

Aeon have always been able to build it.

Edited by nesquick

To avoid confusion with Starcraft, you should refer to Supreme Commander as SupCom.

Tactics: The branch of military science dealing with detailed maneuvers to achieve objectives set by strategy

When you think about it like this C&C series is deeper on the tactics side where as SC is deeper on the strategy.

It's been a while since I've played SC but you tend to play that more on a strategic level. I didn't find myself zooming in to individual units and giving each differing commands to win the skirmish it's more about moving whole groups of them around and letting each unit do it's own thing.

C&C is more about the tactics and microing your units as things move faster in that game so it's more instinctual/reaction based than the thought out plans of attack one comes up with in SC.

In RA3 building your whole base on water is one strategy, turtling is another, guerrilla tactics (engineer rushes, hit and run attacks, general harassment), same with steam rolling (what nesquick keeps mentioning).

SC you may have different strats for different areas of the map.

It's mainly because of game speed differences and map sizes is what makes those two games majorly different. Both have strat and tactical elements, it's just more prominent in one or the other.

My 2c

Tactics: The branch of military science dealing with detailed maneuvers to achieve objectives set by strategy

When you think about it like this C&C series is deeper on the tactics side where as SC is deeper on the strategy.

It's been a while since I've played SC but you tend to play that more on a strategic level. I didn't find myself zooming in to individual units and giving each differing commands to win the skirmish it's more about moving whole groups of them around and letting each unit do it's own thing.

C&C is more about the tactics and microing your units as things move faster in that game so it's more instinctual/reaction based than the thought out plans of attack one comes up with in SC.

In RA3 building your whole base on water is one strategy, turtling is another, guerrilla tactics (engineer rushes, hit and run attacks, general harassment), same with steam rolling (what nesquick keeps mentioning).

SC you may have different strats for different areas of the map.

It's mainly because of game speed differences and map sizes is what makes those two games majorly different. Both have strat and tactical elements, it's just more prominent in one or the other.

My 2c

hmm I always felt it was the opposite. SC requires a lot of micromanaging especially with the secondary powers (WC3 took that to a whole new level), RA is more about having the right units.

To avoid confusion with Starcraft, you should refer to Supreme Commander as SupCom.

Thanks Leckie I was lost. My copy of SupCom will soon arrive. $15 each for it and expansion, including delivery.

But anyway... I think cnc4 will be wait and see. I kind of feel they announced it now so the bad publicity of no lan coincided with the similar blizz announcement.