delge

Acer Aspire Predator Gaming Computer G7700

Hi

This may be a bit of a dumb question but for the Acer Aspire Predator Gaming Computer G7700, is there anyway to only buy the case and the cooling unit, because i have had a bit of a look and cant even find a mention of the case without the pc.

Cheers Delge

lol ^^ that is actually the most hideous case I've ever seen. Though arguably this one matches it in terms of just.... being a mistake:

Posted Image

Posted Image

(cheers to Spig on ICONZ for finding that).

@ OP - you can't buy the predator case from anyone other than Acer afaik, there are a few Inwin cases that look similar, but would recommend looking at the quality cases from Antec, Silverstone, Lian-Li and Coolermaster first. Notably, if you like the Aspire you might be partial to the look of Raven RV-01.

Edited by philo-sofa

yeah its not so much the outside of the case i like rather the inside setup i.e the drive bay confiduration. i am quite taken by it but yeah it did fall down the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down

Cheers Paul

You can't buy just the case. It's specific to Acer.

You can of course buy the multitude of clones and rip of cases out there.

philo-sofa those pictures took forever to load, get photobucket or something!

I'm hotlinking someone else's upload - I generally do use photobucket. Will re-link when I get back home.

In this case the series of tubes connecting our two fair countries must be congested; I'll make sure to catch a flight over and check the next time I dare link anything local, but in the meantime cheers for your heads-up ;)

yeah its not so much the outside of the case i like rather the inside setup i.e the drive bay confiduration.

Cheers Paul

Oh SATA hotswap bays. Get any case with plenty of front 5 1/4in bays and fit removable trays to them.

I use these in a couple of computers for swapping drives.

http://www.pcicase.com.au/mobile/snt136.htm

I got those ones because of the 80mm bottom cooling fan with rear outlet and power on/off button. A lot of the removable bays have small 40mm fans which are permanently on and whine like a dozen mosquitoes.

These ones are nice and quiet and the fan can be switched off with the power button when there is no hard drive in the bay.

A lot more expensive is the multi units like this

http://www.scorptec.com.au/computer/24305-ss4600blk

Needs 3 empty 5 1/4 in bays to fit the 4 hdd bay.

lol ^^ that is actually the most hideous case I've ever seen. Though arguably this one matches it in terms of just.... being a mistake:

*pics*

I laughed out loud at that case - and that's pretty good for me at this close to midnight on a Monday. What the hell were they thinking?! It's like some kind of mutant lovechild between a transformer and Max from Sam and Max.