Bytemarks

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Play asia has the asian version for $60 but it doesn't say if it's region free or not, the US version is but I don't want to make the assumption that the asian one is as well just in case.

Be careful, usually the asian region ones are region restricted.

I'll be checking JB tomorrow for it which is only the 27th but Thursday is the usual day for releases in Australia, so you never know.

All JB stores have been told that there's a strict Sept 3rd release date. No one is breaking embargo unless someone else has done so, and only when confirmed by head office.

Dungeon Crawl (In melbourne) is selling the X360 NTSC-J version, and according to some whirlpool users it works perfectly on a PAL console. I'll wait for the PAL release myself though.

I'll be checking JB tomorrow for it which is only the 27th but Thursday is the usual day for releases in Australia, so you never know.

All JB stores have been told that there's a strict Sept 3rd release date. No one is breaking embargo unless someone else has done so, and only when confirmed by head office.

Yeah we've been given a similar style statement. So all the rumours over at ecogamer (re" Melbourne and Brissy stores selling it) have no bearing whatsoever... but to be sure, I'd be ducking into my local EB/GAME/JB on Monday afternoon!

Dungeon Crawl (In melbourne) is selling the X360 NTSC-J version, and according to some whirlpool users it works perfectly on a PAL console. I'll wait for the PAL release myself though.

According to play asia the the game appears to be completely region free so go for it, they're never wrong about this stuff. I grabbed it on Playasia with shipping it's still under $65.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-ek-49-en-70-3cqk.html

Edited by Aki54

Love the crap out of the demo but like The_End Im a little worried about it being a bit short. While I will be definetly buying this. Im just not sure when - probably wont be forking out brand new EB Games prices...

Is ordering games from Play-Asia still worth it

edit: forgive me, ive had fuck all sleeping hit up the town last night and just noticed the previous post mentioning the proice

Edited by Mojorising

I've heard a few various reports on the length of the game and it's apparently 12 hours + for the story and more to get 100% of the items and complete all the challenge rooms. Decent length if it's as good as it's supposed to be, Bioshock didn't take that long so I'm happy with the reported length.

@ Mojo Is playasia still worth it? Matter of opinion really. If you want games on launch day then no but I doubt you'll find Arkham Asylum anywhere cheaper in a store than the roughly $65 they're charging for the Asia region free version.

I'm finding it reeeeeeally hard to wait til Thursday... especially after downloading all the trailers and the free villains 360 theme.

Edited by thylacine

I'm finding it reeeeeeally hard to wait til Thursday... especially after downloading all the trailers and the free villains 360 theme.

There's a free villains theme?!

*turns on X360 to see*

I'm probably gonna be murdered for this but I like the Harley Quinn redesign. It's not perfect but it's a step in the right direction. Her previous outfit was far to cartoonish and would've looked silly in the aesthetic they've built for this game.

The batarang in the collectors edition is made of plastic :(

Everyone around me heard that it was metal, but I got one to display in my store today and it's plastic :(

Mine was scratched bad too. The rest of the bonus stuff is sweet, but I'm a little disappointed in the batarang.

(I only got some of the extra stuff. None of the game yet)

I got the prequel comic last week. It is sweet indeed. I loved how Bane looks (back cover).

WTFing prequel comic where ?!?

/googles

Pissed that it's plastic, that's a bit bodgy :-( I suppose there'd be trouble with it being metal, either with customs or selling to kids...

EDIT: Downloading now, wheeeee

Edited by thylacine

Meh. I have a hardcopy of the comic. None of this downloading stuff for me. It's very small though. More like a booklet.

I've been told that the batarang is meant to look "weathered" hence the scratches. I'm interested in the other stuff for the collectors one so I'm still getting it, but I'm not happy with the batarang.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE just got a call that my pre-order's available (they breached street date, love 'em!).

Can confirm that the street date was broken at 11am this morning. Depending on who your local is, they may or may not have it on the shelf; you may have to ask the staff to sell you a copy.

But it is definitely out now!