Bytemarks

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Just picked up my copy from EB (street date broken). Updating my PS3 to a 500Gb hard drive then going to play that puppy all night long :D

Ah this game is muchasly cool. I'm digging how easy it is to simultaneously beat up and defend against a group of enemies. The Joker makes me lol out loud.

Ah the lucky people in the States have got their hands on it, now what I like about the Playstation 3 version is it has the Joker as an exclusive character only on PS3 (Apparently) so if you want to play as the Joker and you have both consoles then i would recommend the PS3 version but for me its PC seems though its Nvidia 3D vision ready and the graphics are just as hardcore :P

"lol out loud"

Is that like an ATM machine?

No. Perhaps even more embarrassing than a grammatical redundancy, I...um...lol out loud.

I just want to confirm something. Did everyone who picked it up pay $99 for it? If it's the same price everywhere that's a bit disconcerting honestly, a step towards the American model which completely removes competition.

Yeah someone broke street date. By around 1pm I had my copies on the shelf.

Got my collectors edition out the back including the comic, bonus code, my shirt and code for something (The collectors edition doesn't come with all of these things. Only pre-orders got some extra stuff, and only if you were early enough).

Was going to buy it today, but I've spent the day setting up for the PS3 slim launch tomorrow.

I'll buy mine tomorrow. Wasn't going to have time to play tonight anyway.

EDIT: I always called it "ATM machine machine" now.

EDIT2: Suck balls to those that want the PC version. It's been pushed back to Sept 24th :P

Edited by morris

Ah the lucky people in the States have got their hands on it, now what I like about the Playstation 3 version is it has the Joker as an exclusive character only on PS3 (Apparently) so if you want to play as the Joker and you have both consoles then i would recommend the PS3 version but for me its PC seems though its Nvidia 3D vision ready and the graphics are just as hardcore :P

What planet are you from?

It's out in Australia... right now... as in... the 2nd September 2009.

And the Joker thing is just a downloadable challenge map pack specifically for Mr. Joker... available on PSN as of Friday last week, AFAIK.

GOD DAMN THIS GAME IS THE SHIT!!!!! Ok, so I'm probably a little biased as I've been a huge Batman fan for over 25 years now but fuck that, this game rocks! Its probably the most impressive looking game I've ever played on a console and the game play is just fucking amazing even if the combat is a little shallow so far. I'm Batmaaaaaaan.......

Yeah I'm a mega Batfan too, and peeved that I only got about half an hour with it last night, only got up to when Joker unleashes that big dummy at you just after you clear the Decontamination room, though wifey's already been prepped, after I contribute by cookin dinner, tonight is Bat night.

*emerges from the madhouse*

Need to catch my breath...

Man this game is good :)

I am really enjoying it. Mark Hamill is fantastic as the Joker and the Scarecrow parts of the game just mind blowing :p

Easily one of the best games of the year for me, if not the best. Can't see anything topping it this year.

I may be gone for some time.

*heads back in*

Can't see anything topping it this year.

Big call.

I've not yet got my hands on B:AA, but there's a tonne of good stuff coming later in the year.

Brutal Legend

Assassin's Creed II (if they've fixed what was shit in the first one it should be a killer)

Bioshock 2

Modern Warfare 2

Forza 3

to name but five.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say this is the best year for gaming in a long time.

Yes! Borderlands was the game I was trying to remember, looking forward to that one.

Edit: Just a quick addition good site for keeping track of release dates.

http://au.vgreleases.com/

Edited by Aki54

Big call.

I've not yet got my hands on B:AA, but there's a tonne of good stuff coming later in the year.

Brutal Legend

Assassin's Creed II (if they've fixed what was shit in the first one it should be a killer)

Bioshock 2

Modern Warfare 2

Forza 3

to name but five.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say this is the best year for gaming in a long time.

Fair enough. I may have been trapped in the ecstasy of the Asylum :P

I am looking forward to Brutal Legend, being made by the geniuses behind Physconaughts (one of my favourite games ever) my hope are high for this one.

Bioshock 2 and Modern Warfare 2 excite me less but will probably still play them, they just won't be day one purchases. Fingers crossed for Assassin's Creed II.

I had forgotten about Forza 3, have't played a good racing game for a while so looking forward to that.

I will agree it is a killer next few months of gaming :)

It has been a long time since a game grabbed me and all I want to do is go home and play some more. Batman has done that for me again. Love it :P

Yeah I goto to play for a bit last night.

i agree that this game is a killer! it's really well done.

Everytime i hear the joker I want to stay in that area and listen..

oh and the start with him is just one of the greatest intro's ever. The lift the lights and the way batman reacts is just spot on. (you'll know what i'm talking about when you see it)

and when you see killer Croc for the first time is just awe inspiring.

Big call.

Brutal Legend

Bioshock 2

Modern Warfare 2

Forza 3

to name but five.

Best year in gaming in a long time, no doubt about it.

Brutal Legend is on the top of my most wanted followed closley by MW2, Assissin's Creed is kind of a meh title for me but Bioshock 2 is a massive want. Going to pass on Forzer 3 and go GT5 instead.

All these games are drool worthy and will probably be purchesed on the release date but the thing is I wont be Batmaaaaaaaan in any of them.

Now that I've got a few more hours in the Dark Knights shoes, mask and cape I see that the game is actualy filled with stuff that would be kind of meh if it wasnt for the fact that while doing them I'm Batmaaaaaaaan.

The detective stuff is really kind of lame and the combat isnt getting any deaper. I personaly LOVE hunting for stuff in games like the ?'s in B:AA and the location orbs in PoP and Prototype etc, but I know that most of my mates do not so I'm not sure if they are a + or not, for me they are, a ++ even.

What the game does REALLY well is atmospher, it's frikin dripping in it like no other game I've ever played. The other thin it does well is making you feel like your the Batmaaaaaaan, and I am the Batmaaaaaan. Oh yeah, and it looks fucking incredible!

So I guess what I'm saying is the other games mentioned could well have it all over B:AA if your not a Batman fanboy, but if you are I dont think they will come close.

Heres hoping this is just a warm up for Batman: Gotham City. How good would it be to have this game in a Gotham sandbox?!?!?! And now I've made a creamy mess in the front of my pants :P

Edited by disolusiond

Brutal Legend: Totally cannot wait til Rocktober!

Assassin's Creed II: Heard mixed reviews of the first but eventually picked up when it was cheap, LOVED it for about 2 hours, then got bored doing the same swandives off towers, eavesdropping, blending in with conveniently-located monks, etc. Traded in before city 3

Bioshock 2: First was sheer brilliance, can't wait for 2

Modern Warfare 2: Will get if cash/timing right, as loved CoD:MW, but have yet to pick up WaW as got too many other games (same for GoW2)

Forza 3: Not a racing sim fan, but totally get why others are slavering for it

Edited by thylacine

Got my collectors edition today. The batarang as I said before - I'm disappointed. But everything else is great. Dr Youngs notes on all of the characters, bonus disc and extra challenge map. Plus I got another challenge map code too along with a shirt (compressed into the shape of the bat symbol. I'm not unwrapping this shirt :D Will take a photo tomorrow night)

Loving the game. After taking Zsasz out, I used the zoom to get a good look at the character model. Quite a bit of detail involved.

I can't wait to have a closer look at Harley Quinn ;). Love her new outfit.

EDIT: btw Brutal Legend is awesome. I wish I was given more time to play it (as it is I got more time than most people). While my mate was playing I was head banging away, making sure my mohawk spikes were waving hard and arm up high with the devil horns \,,/.

Even got the young lady that was displaying the game to do the same :D

I really wish I had a photo of that moment.

And Assassins 2 looks to be a LOT LESS repetative than the first.

Edited by morris

looks like yer all enjoying, I like the batman character. I've been looking at ps3 slim console bundles (or lack thereof) that are going around and some have been quite disappointing except the one i came across the other day with the batman game included for 499. It sounds tempting now.