Bytemarks

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Got some map somehow that shows ?s on the map where Riddler stuff is... not sure if it shows it EVERYWHERE, as I got it when outside Arkham for the first time, and only see ?s in some spots, so maybe its scope is limited - anyone know? ie will that show me Riddler stuff EVERYWHERE, or was it just in that spot?

Actually fun snooping about looking for Riddler trophies, and finding his challenges, whereas in most games where you can find hidden stuff I don't particularly enjoy it, this game for some reason it's really fun.

Just evaded a rather large Scarecrow, and then unfortunately went down in a lift I can't go back through, and I reckon I missed some areas for investigation, but it sounds like you can go back through most areas of the place as you progress through the game, and I assume I'll get some way to knock out vent covers at higher levels (ie ones you can pull/kick off), and also break through security doors (now have the shit you spray on breakable doors to knock them out).

Lovin it lovin it lovin it...

Edited by thylacine

Got some map somehow that shows ?s on the map where Riddler stuff is... not sure if it shows it EVERYWHERE, as I got it when outside Arkham for the first time, and only see ?s in some spots, so maybe its scope is limited - anyone know? ie will that show me Riddler stuff EVERYWHERE, or was it just in that spot?

Actually fun snooping about looking for Riddler trophies, and finding his challenges, whereas in most games where you can find hidden stuff I don't particularly enjoy it, this game for some reason it's really fun.

Just evaded a rather large Scarecrow, and then unfortunately went down in a lift I can't go back through, and I reckon I missed some areas for investigation, but it sounds like you can go back through most areas of the place as you progress through the game, and I assume I'll get some way to knock out vent covers at higher levels (ie ones you can pull/kick off), and also break through security doors (now have the shit you spray on breakable doors to knock them out).

Lovin it lovin it lovin it...

The Riddler maps are hidden, though not very well, in each section of Arkham, so if you find the map in the cell blocks it will only show you a rough location of the ?'s and riddles in the cell blocks, nowhere else.

You can go back to any area at any time and if you want all the ?'s that what you will have to do, some you cant get to without gagets you get later in the game.

Edited by disolusiond

I walked around all day at work with a sign stapled to my shirt that said

"When I grow up I wanna be...

BATMAN!"

This is true.

Finally got to play this today. Across the board one of the best produced games I've played in a good long while. Atmosphere, gameplay, everything comes together to create a really excellent experience. I have a few little niggles but the positive far outweighs the negative.

I have a serious issue with the Scarecrow sections. Platforming is not what I want in a Batman game. Also the game spends the entire time establishing you as Batman and making you feel like such an ultra bad ass that these supposedly freaky sections just break the flow of the game for me.

I walked around all day at work with a sign stapled to my shirt that said

"When I grow up I wanna be...

BATMAN!"

This is true.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Actually, no, I believe you. That's pretty awesome.

Like this game. This game is pretty fucking awesome.

Hot damn.

Only played for about an hour, but HOT DAMN!!

Just made it outside Arkham...can't wait to see what's in store.

And Hamill earned his fee with this game. Brilliance.

I'm glad I picked up the collectors edition. The Batarang is shit, but I'm really liking the 48 page record from Dr. Penelope Young on the major characters in the game. Some of them I've never even heard of (eg Calendar Man or Great White Shark).

I generally look at all comic based games with a more than a little scepticism but based on what people wrote here I downloaded the demo and it was so different from what I expected, I had some issues with the combat initially but the gameplay overall and the graphics are great.

I played the demo in my ball sweat armchair a metre from my 42" in the dark with big ass headphones on, simply amazing sound, extremely immersive.

My mate picked up the new PS3 with a free copy of B:AA for $599nzd ($485au) but he got a couple of other games too so I will be stealing this for a week as soon as possible.

Finished it this morning on 'normal' was actually fairly easy, now to play it on hard :D

I love collecting the patient interview tapes....even if some of them are a bit creepy. Also love the 'death' scenes, especially scarecrows.

Hmmm... I was flicking through the patient file book that I got.

I see a lot of enemies, but I notice no mention of Catwoman...

Probably cos she's not insane :)

Edited by Solid_Snake

Catwoman has never been in Arkham though she was at the Cinque Center for a short time. Like Solid Snake said though, she isnt crazy so if she was caught she would be sent to Blackgate prison. Dont know why but there is a pair of her goggles on display in a glass case in the game.

Edit: I'm about half way through the game on hard now and its so damn good its mind blowing. So much care and love has gone into making this game by people who are not only REALLY good at making video games but they obviously know and care about the Batman universe. BEST COMIC BOOK GAME EVER!!!

Edited by disolusiond

Like Solid Snake said though, she isnt crazy so if she was caught she would be sent to Blackgate prison. Dont know why but there is a pair of her goggles on display in a glass case in the game.

Fair enough. Didn't think of that. But there's no reason she couldn't be in the game. Blackgate prison had a fire and many of them were moved into Arkham according to the beginning of the game.

But then again I'm not very far myself.

I've spent more time wandering around the island than actually getting on with the story. Loving it :D

Alot of praise has been heaped on this game and I'm just gonna say this about it. Got it Yesterday arvo, played it till early into the morning, got a couple hours sleep and just finished it. Last time I went through a game like this it was KOTOR which is still a favourite of mine.

Well, since I have no money, I'm just jealous of all you sods! >_<

Buuuttt.. I have a loan copy lined up. The girlfriend of one of my good mates just got the PS3 Slim bundle with B:AA, and he reckons they're both not really digging the whole interactive cutscene thing, and something else he was complaining about -- which is fine by me, coz as soon as they've had enough of it, they'll swap me Batman for one of my games. =D

I've a feeling this chick will get a lot more in to LBP than B:AA so i'm looking forward to the trade. ^_^

-A-