Bytemarks

Batman: Arkham Asylum

great game, enjoyed every minute of it from start to finish. only slight downsides i found were some of the boss fights (especially the last one) .................its not letting me wrap words in spoiler tags so i wont post it, but for those who finished it youll probably know what i mean. scarecrow events were the best, theres one towards the end where i almost cried thinking my ps3 had died (again, no spoilers but youll know when you see it)

now im going through collecting all the riddler things, unlike collectibles in other games, these are actually interesting to get, its cool to see the bios of other characters and hear their tapes, although hes not actually in the game , my favourite tapes are of the riddler, the riddle on his first tape was funny ;D

oh and joker in challenge mode is nothing special,

now is a probably a good time to show a tshirt that was an early birthday present i was rocking around sydney last night:

Posted Image

:D

Posted Image

:D

oh and joker in challenge mode is nothing special,

Glad to know I'm not missing out on much. I umm and ahhed about getting the PS3 or the Xbox 360 version, but I settled on the 360.

Just finished on hard, totaly fucking awesome! last boss leaves more than a little to be desired but apart from that its all good, oh, except for the detrective stuff, I would have liked more of a challange there, was pretty much just a cookie trail.

I've got 1 riddeler ? to find then I have the story done to 100%, I can see it I just cant get to it, SOOOOOOO frustrating. Once thats done its on to the challenges then I'll probably play through the story again. God I hope they make this games sequal in the entire city of Gotham, that will be the game to end all games for me.

Bah! You're not all that interested in the game then, are you?

Because if you really wanted to play it, you'd make time :P

Not true... the other option (the applicable one) is that I'm powerless to make time, based on the unchangeable nature of the things consuming the time that I do have ;-)

Plus we had to put one of our dogs to sleep on the weekend, so had other things on my mind :-(

Back to it tonight though!

Sorry to hear about your dog thylacine, that sucks but try to keep your chin up man.

The reason I jumped back on instead of playing is the challanges are FUCKING HARD, I'm actually not sure if I can be stuffed trying to plat this game, will take many days of doing the same challanges over and over. Anyone out there not having as much trouble with em as I am got some tips for me, it would be appreciated.

Thanks folks :-)

Yeah I think I've only unlocked 4 challenges so far, and the last was a bit taxing... I've never much liked that sort of game element, e.g. challenges like these, so may get frustrated enough to not give a shit about finishing, but the main game's still goin strong (just got my security door unlocker gadget, and Ivy's just been released).

Goddamnit, I cant seem to get past a 35 hit combo, its the only thing stoping me from finishing the game to 100% and getting the patinum trophy for it. The predator challenges have turned out to be fairly easy, though how some people are getting em done in 25 seconds is beyond me. Its the combat challanges that are testing me, I'll get to around 30 to 35 hits in and then miss one, even though I'm actualy trying to hit an inmate that by all rights I should be able to hit, SOOOOOOOOOOOO FUCKING FRUSTRATING!!!

Edit: Now that I've been trying to do the combat challanges all night its clear that this game has one of my all time pet hates of any game in it, inconsistent controles. For example, I'll will try to strike an inmate who is 10 feet away in one round an Batman will quite happily leap across the room and kick/punch/ground & pound said inmate no problem. In the same room in the next round I will try the exact same move and Batman desides he doesnt want to leap across the room and smash the law breaking cunt this time, he wants to kick/punch/ground and pound the empty space right next to him.

This happens EVERY round and its starting to piss me right the fuck off. I dont mind losing if I suck at something but the fact that I know exectly what I want to do and, as far as I know, am exercuting the commands perfectly and am getting fucked on every turn because of this flaw is so frustrating I want to put my fist through my tv. I'm actualy taking a break from B:AA for a day or so cause its starting to stain the almost pristine view I have of this game and once I have done all the challanges I will NEVER play the fucking things again.

Edited by disolusiond

Yeah mate hearin you talk about those challenges has pretty much cemented that I WON'T be getting 100% haha... I reckon I'll get frustrated with that stuff even more quickly than you have hah. Inconsistency in the controls would just exacerbate it further too. I found that even trying to get the achievement for completing a challenge without taking a hit... did it, but took frustratingly long when I'd hit Y to counter and press exactly in the direction of the guy but it wouldn't register and I'd get hit ARRRRGH FUCK FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING FUCK <quit>.

I dont mind losing if I suck at something but the fact that I know exectly what I want to do and, as far as I know, am exercuting the commands perfectly and am getting fucked on every turn because of this flaw is so frustrating I want to put my fist through my tv. I'm actualy taking a break from B:AA for a day or so cause its starting to stain the almost pristine view I have of this game and once I have done all the challanges I will NEVER play the fucking things again.

LOL we sound VERY similar...

Edited by thylacine

Yeah mate hearin you talk about those challenges has pretty much cemented that I WON'T be getting 100% haha... I reckon I'll get frustrated with that stuff even more quickly than you have hah. Inconsistency in the controls would just exacerbate it further too. I found that even trying to get the achievement for completing a challenge without taking a hit... did it, but took frustratingly long when I'd hit Y to counter and press exactly in the direction of the guy but it wouldn't register and I'd get hit ARRRRGH FUCK FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING FUCK <quit>.

I dont mind losing if I suck at something but the fact that I know exectly what I want to do and, as far as I know, am exercuting the commands perfectly and am getting fucked on every turn because of this flaw is so frustrating I want to put my fist through my tv. I'm actualy taking a break from B:AA for a day or so cause its starting to stain the almost pristine view I have of this game and once I have done all the challanges I will NEVER play the fucking things again.

LOL we sound VERY similar...

LMAO, going by your "ARRRRGH FUCK FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING FUCK" rage I'd say your right, we are VERY similar. Personaly I get a little more specific, like when I go to hit a guy whos running at me and Batman punches at a guy I've just hit to the ground instead, who is in a totaly different direction to where I was aiming mind you, I'll go a ARRRRRRGH YOU HAVE TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR WORTHLESS FUCKING WHORE OF A MOTHER FOR EVER FUCKING HAVING YOU YOU FUCKING ASS FUCKING FUCKTARD <quit>.

I know your pain, the counters not working when the should are one of the worst, right up there with punch the air next to the guy your trying to punch or deeploy your Batclaw into a wall instead of the 3 perfectly good targets you were aiming at, the combat in the game is filled with shit like this. The thing is you wouldnt really notice it that much if it wasnt for the 40 hit combo trophy or the fact that you NEED to pull off massive, perfectly executed combos to get the score needed for the harder combat challanges.

I should have stuck to my guns and taken a break but I played for a few hours this morning and I've got to say that this flaw is making me hate this fucking game, theres only so many times I can be fucked out of what would have been a perfect round by FUCKING SHIT ASS CUNT SHIT controles before even looking at the box fills me with rage and thats whats happening now, I look at the B:AA case and just think FUCK YOU. Shame really, the story was near perfect and this is a game I really wanted to get the plat trophy for but I just cant abide shit like that.

Edited by disolusiond

You guys know that you dont have to push in the opponents direction to be able to counter right? You just hit the triangle (or Y) button , when you see the little headache icon thing popup.

Makes a pretty big difference i think.

I actually thought that might be the case, and intended to 'trial' it but never got around to it - ingame I just kept combining the Y with pushing in the direction of the guy as I was always in the main game and not wanting to get my butt kicked ha.

Thanks for the confirmation though, will be playin a bit tonight while wifey's at the hairdresser so will see if it helps out (not so much an issue in main game, but definitely the challenges, which as I say I've only played 3 of, but was expecting to go through them all once the main game's done, and am sure I'll get just as frustrated as disillusiond haha, though hopefully less so now I know that).

Edited by thylacine

Well I can pretty much guarantee I won't be completing all the challenges, so I pretty much won't even bother with doing any more of them (if I can't complete them all, ie get achievement, 100% etc, why bother).

I unlocked 'Intensive Treatment (Extreme)' last night and got so pissed off after 2 attempts that I thought "nup, fuck it, not doin these damn things", not worth having a heart attack or bursting an aneurysm or something haha.

I can be a real whore for achievements, even if a lot of effort's involved (I recently spent a total of ~90 minutes importing 300 MP3s off my USB into 'Lips', repeatedly clicking each song in order - click, import, Yes, select next song, click, import, yes etc - and then even more laboriously DELETING them - they aren't IMPORTED per se, they get streamed off your USB or whatever, and obviously don't have clips or proper note tracking, so not really worth keeping - to get the 'Import 300 or more songs' achievement... yeah it's time consuming, but not remotely DIFFICULT), but when there's frustration involved I USUALLY have the presence of mind to question why I'd torture myself for it.

As such, no more challenges for me :-)

I just hit 50% overall last night, after taking out the two goons that Joker 'emphasized' with Titan in the Intensive Treatment area, and still thoroughly enjoying the challenges and riddle collection (a helluva lot easier now I've got that damn flying fox thing, as there were heaps of areas I remember needing something like that... now I just need something to take out destructible walls that are high up).

Also, free DLC next week! - http://palgn.com.au/xbox-360/15238/batman-...-dlc-next-week/ ... except it's probably another shitty challenge room :-P

Edited by thylacine

Does anyone know any actual benefits to the armoured Batman outfit? Does it actually make you take less damage in the challenge modes?

I'm hoping for a "Classic" costume or two (ie. the one Burton's Batman sports...big yellow chest emblem etc.)

I want the one from the TV series. Adam West would approve of it :)

"Hand me down the shark repellent bat-spray"

How come Robin never gets the credit Batman gets? Just a question because I don't have this game yet.... Is Robin in it?

Edited by index680i

Oh thank God that Robin isn't in it.

He doesn't get credit because he's a sidekick.

Robin the boy wonder hostage.

How come Robin never gets the credit Batman gets?

I am sorry; but FUCK you ask the stupidest questions at times, man.

-A-