Sign in to follow this  
kunzie

Achievement Addicts Anonymous Again

My questions to you are this:

• What games have you topped out on (if any?)
  • What are some of the easiest games to achieve big numbers in?

I've currently completed:

• Retail: Avatar (1000), CSI - Hard Evidence (1000), TMNT (1000)
  • XBLA: Puzzle Quest (250), Fable II Pub Games (200)

Soon to finish:

• Retail: DiRT (1000), King Kong (1000)
  • XBLA: <none>

Some to look out for - in order of cheapness

Avatar: The Burning Earth - (3 minutes) The easiest 1000 points you'll ever "earn".

TMNT - (4-5 hours) Very simple to complete and gain 1000. Easy (and not a bad) game.

CSI: Dark Motives - (4-5 hours with guide) Tedious, but extremely easy 1000.

Bioshock - (6-7 hours) Easy 800+ points. Play through on easy, save all the Little Sisters and do a bit of general exploring.

Space Chimps -

Project Gotham 4 - (15-20 hours) Career mode is your friend here. Easy 700+ and that's not even completing it.

Colin McRae: DiRT - (15-20 hours) Career mode needs to be played through two and a bit times, but can be done on rookie. Championships also take a bit of time.

Lego Indiana Jones - (time unknown) Very easy to obtain, however people complain that there's a lot of backtracking to do so could be quite boring.

By the way, if anyone wants the easy Avatar 1000, PM me your details and I'll hook you up!

Please provide info for the list above! :D

I have 1k points for CoD 2, Just Cause and GRAW 2 (Haven't got the newer GRAW 2 achievements though). CoD 2 wasn't too bad, just had to finish it on hardest difficulty (last level was farkin insanity on max difficulty). Just Cause was fairly easy, and good mindless fun to boot ;) Recently however I decided I was going to pretty much ignore achievements, at least on first playthroughs of new games. The pop-ups were getting in the way of immersion in Mass Effect, so I disabled notifications. Nowadays I just play the game, without worrying about achievements, and then maybe after I finished I'll take a look at the achievements list and decide whether I want to bother going for some more or not.

As for easy games to top out on, apparently King Kong and TMNT are the easiest.

I think I've decided that the idea of achievements are good, but gamer score is the work of the devil. It's good to be able to see what other people have accomplished in games, but tying it in with GS means people get silly and buy/play terrible games for no reason other than getting a big GS.

im under 200 points away from my 20k gamerscore milestone :D , and kunzie avatar doesnt count hahahah.

only game ive got 1000/1000 in is fight night round 3.

A mate of mine was playing the Jumper game based on the Hayden Christensen movie and got 400 points in the first 5 mins! I think that might even be worth the $6 it costs to rent it.

A mate of mine was playing the Jumper game based on the Hayden Christensen movie and got 400 points in the first 5 mins! I think that might even be worth the $6 it costs to rent it.

avatar gives you 1000 points within about 3 minutes of putting the disc in , thats not an exageration either.

My top poppers

Space Chimps - 1000/1000 (100%)

Bully Scholarship Ed. - 1000/1000 (100%)

Kung Fu Panda - 1000/1000 (100%)

Just Cause - 1000/1000 (100%)

BioShock - 1100/1100 (100%)

avatar gives you 1000 points within about 3 minutes of putting the disc in , thats not an exageration either.

Man I'm renting that bad boy!!!

Congrats are in order for mobon who just hit >20k :D

thanks for congrats man but to make it legit i need another 1000.... like i said avatar doesnt count :P

thanks for congrats man but to make it legit i need another 1000.... like i said avatar doesnt count :P

Oh it counts alright!

Oh it counts alright!

i dont think so, achiements should be earned not scammed like u can do in avatar.

EDIT: another easy one was PGR4 , i borred that from a mate for 1 night and got about 550 from it in about 4 hours .... its not cheating like avatar tho.

also MERCS 2 throws out achievments pretty easily.

Playing through TMNT now. The ease of this game is a joke.

fuck that im still entertained by geo wars 2 and galaga legions if i get bored of my full games.

Well Shrykes just joined my Mercs 2 game and I got 100G just for that. 50 points for playing co-op and 50 points for playing co-op with someone who has played with a developer or someone who has that achievement.

So if anyone needs those, hook me up. Although there is quite a few more that need to be found in co-op.

It does seem as though it's a pretty generous game. I got just under 400G in about an hour or so and Shrykes is up to around 750 (and the game's only been out a short while).

Well Shrykes just joined my Mercs 2 game and I got 100G just for that. 50 points for playing co-op and 50 points for playing co-op with someone who has played with a developer or someone who has that achievement.

So if anyone needs those, hook me up. Although there is quite a few more that need to be found in co-op.

It does seem as though it's a pretty generous game. I got just under 400G in about an hour or so and Shrykes is up to around 750 (and the game's only been out a short while).

yep, ive got about 350ish from just single player so far.

Wait, how have you got full points on Fable Pub games?

Dont you need to use your Fable 2 character in the game to get the last achievment?

Wait, how have you got full points on Fable Pub games?

Dont you need to use your Fable 2 character in the game to get the last achievment?

The last "achievement" is worth 0 points :D

Ahh, I didn't look that far into it :D

Still have a few to get with that, but all my time has gone into Castle Crashers since it came out, and now Viva Pinata and Mercenaries 2

Orange Box isn't as good for points as I was lead to believe... Mind you, I've only played Portal thus far.

Orange box is awful for achievements. I have 34 of 99 achievements and it has given me just over 200 points. I'm surprised your point whoring hasn't lead you to COD4 Kunzie, No MP achievements you can get the whole 1000 on a single playthrough on the hardest difficulty if you're good enough.

1000/1000 in COD4 but I didn't think it was an easy thing to do... particularly some of the veteran stuff :/

Nearly hit 5k with achievements, trying to play through castle crashers and get a few achievements there, finished the game though which is awesome :)

I'm on 900 with fightnight round 3...just need to finish the last fight and ill get the 1k, but i cbf...not much of an achievement whore.. had my xbox for about 7 months now and still only on 3300ish points.