Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Master_Scythe

TO THE AUTHORISED REVIEW OFFICER!

2nd dissability appeal has failed, once again, because im 'undergoing treatment'.

I repeat myself for those who havent read my bitches: Its degerative. STOPPING treatment is not on the books.

Well now i escalate it to the authorised reveiw officer who 'reviews everything'. I just dont know what else to get to explain this. My aunty has had multiple strokes, and she has treatment to help prevent further strokes, why is she allowed?

My mate broke his leg at the knee and even though it was in a cast, had physiotherapy coming up (further treatment MUCH?) and he got it.

Why, am I so fucking different? Oh well maybe I should get a whole bunch of jobs and seperation letters. I have enough qualifications to be snatched up by a plethora or employers, but not the ability to work in those roles anymore. Maybe piles of letters saying 'hes disabled' from employers will work.

Im both very angry and upset\exhausted. EVERY time theyve twisted my words. It shouldnt matter if ive agreed to guinneapig an experimental treatment which only treats the EFFECTS not the CONDITION. And where do i pull the $6k for each opetation? if my parents werent here i'd be fucked.

Oh well, i'm off to centrelink to discuss with someone what the shit I should do next.

At this rate, you're gonna have to accidentally kill someone just to prove that you can't function normally in a society. -_-

Just show them this thread with the spelling mistakes, and they'll know for sure that your eyes are even worse than before!

yeah well the effort of re-reading posts is one that im sorry, but nothing is worth, lol.

and kill someone you say.... anyone you want ...taken care of?

Edited by Master_Scythe

At this rate, you're gonna have to accidentally kill someone just to prove that you can't function normally in a society. -_-

...start with one of those Centrelink wads :)

Write to your local member - upscale the whole thing. There's no point dealing with the one cells at Centrelink - they couldn't give a shit.

When my father was getting dicked around by centrelink because despite having several serious health issues making him unsuitable for work they continued to insist he was employable (noone is gonna hire a 60+ year old who requires regular medical attention and several serious drugs to function and stay alive.). He claimed the stress of dealing with centrelink was causing homicidal thoughts and urges. I'm pretty sure a month or so later they just put him on the pension so they could stop dealing with him. Something to consider I guess.

ARO is probably going to side with Centrelink, so don't hold your breath too much. The next appeal though, is social securities and they are independent of Centrelink as well as allowing for face to face discussion of your case.

They overruled Centrelink on my case (which the ARO later said he thought they would do - arsehole) and I got my youth allowance, and full back pay for the 7 or so months I was fucked around (7 months takes into account a slight fuckup by social securities that led to an administrative appeal, but it was a mistake, and not something they would make often)

Hang in there buddy. If you can make it to social securities tribunal you have a strong chance!

Edited by Cummings

ARO is probably going to side with Centrelink, so don't hold your breath too much. The next appeal though, is social securities and they are independent of Centrelink as well as allowing for face to face discussion of your case.

Hang in there buddy. If you can make it to social securities tribunal you have a strong chance!

That's probably why my disability went through so painlessly, Scythe. The application went straight to them, without messing with Centrelink at all.

As Cummings said, hang in there, man.

.....media interviews a person affectionately known to some as Master _Scythe....

Normally a mild mannered 'Scythe, his dealings with the finer workings of a bureaucratic

institution of humongous proportions, have turned him into a "Raging Master_Scythe" !

edit:" _ "

Edited by eveln

Better find an alternative income source.

drug dealing?

Well since you have to visit centrelink anyway, there's a perfect oppurtunity to meet your customer base right there.

Can't you go on some sort of Sickness Benefit, or is that one and the same with Disability?

Sounds like they're just using you as a training exercise in fucking people around.

Centerlink's job is to fuck you around, man; try not to take it personally...

As folks have said, once you wend your way out of that almost impenetrable bureaucracy, you should see light at the end of the tunnel.

I'd say you're probably slipping up in what you're saying or any letters you have written, somehow giving the impression that your condition is not considered final, when this is not the case. I would check your wording or what your saying, and look for ways it may have been misinterpreted.

If you still have no look, the correct chain of appeal is to next take it to the Social Security Appeals tribunal. I have appealed several Centerlink decisions, and can help you out with an appeal if you need.

Edited by TheSecret

I'd say your probably slipping up in what your saying or any letters you have written, somehow giving the impression that your condition is not considered final, when this is not the case. I would check your wording or what your saying, and look for ways it may have been misinterpreted.

I'm, unfortunately, tempted to agree.

Rob.

I'd say your probably slipping up in what your saying or any letters you have written, somehow giving the impression that your condition is not considered final, when this is not the case. I would check your wording or what your saying, and look for ways it may have been misinterpreted.

I'm, unfortunately, tempted to agree.

Rob.

Certainly a possible cause. In my case, I tried to claim independence having earned some $17k within an 18 month period since leaving school. The law states it must be paid work. It was, but paid via scholarship. Centrelink say the word 'scholarship' and rejected me, and both my appeals (including to the ARO). Social Securities immediately overruled the decision, stating that while a scholarship, it was paid work and hence I was entitled to independence (and youth allowance)

Now, why could not three people in Centrelink come to that decision from the beginning upon having it explained in the exact same manner as it was to the social securities tribunal? I put it down to the fact that as Kimmo says, Centrelink try to make it as difficult as possible by sticking to basic interpretations and following mandates from above that try to limit the hemorrhaging of money that can occur. When it goes higher, to someone who looks at the facts as they are, then you get a rational decision as in my case. The freaking ARO said to me afterwards, he thought the SS Tribunal would overule his decision! So why the fuck reject it!!!!!!

They saw the word scholarship in my case and rejected me, refusing to look at what exactly the scholarship was for. MS in this case appears in the same condition. Can't be disabled if your being treated for the disability, they simply do not look at the facts that it slows the degeneration and does not repair it. Scholarship means not work. Treatment means better. Not the fucking case.

(no anger at you, my friend, just annoyed that it has to go so far for them to look at things properly, particularly wen going so far takes a fuckload of time which you are not getting paid)

I don't think it is a case of Centerlink deliberately trying to make things as difficult as possible, it is just the natural inefficiency of a bureaucracy. Lack of training also plays a large part. I've been dealing with them for the last 8 years or so, and in that time I've had people who were clearly simply wrong, and had to go over their heads, as well as people who understand things and really try to help.

I don't think anyone deliberately tries to make things hard..., they just have poor training and organization as a whole. Especially with something like welfare payments and entitlements, where so many variable cases and scenarios can come up, and the staff are not trained how to deal with this, and simply lack an ability to think for themselves.

Edited by TheSecret

Can't you go on some sort of Sickness Benefit, or is that one and the same with Disability?

Sounds like they're just using you as a training exercise in fucking people around.

Sickness Benefit is only for those who have a temporary medical condition that's stopping them from going to work and they've run out of sick leave and they've got a job to return to once their right to return to said work.

DSP on the other hand is purely based on the medical condition. It's not really my area of expertise but it's my understanding that it's based on a numerical score, but also that the condition is permanent, stabilised, going to be effecting the person for more than 2 years and that they're not going to be able to work more than 0-7 hours per week because of it.

That's stemming from the Welfare2Work changes that were part in parcel with the WorkChoices legislation from the previous government.

End of the day, it all comes down to legislation. Centrelink can't go out and grant payments to anybody willy nilly. If the legislation says that you must be X, Y and Z to get payment ABC, you can argue till you're blue in the face if you don't get it but at the end of the day, if you don't meet the criteria of the legislation then you don't get the payment. If you think the legislation needs to be changed, then your local member is the person to speak to about getting the legislation changed.

NB. Yes I do work for "The Man"® but the above is my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Better find an alternative income source.

drug dealing?

At least you can genuinely say "what drugs, or it's for my eyes."