Sign in to follow this  
NukeJockey

XFI Extreme Audio

So as above, is an Xfi Extreme Audio PCI Soundcard noticeably better than the Realtek Onboard HD Audio? I've already purchased one off Trademart for 20 bucks, just wondering if it will be worth putting into my computer to go with Z5500Ds. It mentions that it can make MP3s etc. sound better than usual because it can enhance the Highs and Lows that the compression loses. Any idea if thats true?

Cheers.

Its in the ear of the beholder really. Although if you are looking at getting the Z5500s its probably worth the investment.

So as above, is an Xfi Extreme Audio PCI Soundcard noticeably better than the Realtek Onboard HD Audio? I've already purchased one off Trademart for 20 bucks, just wondering if it will be worth putting into my computer to go with Z5500Ds. It mentions that it can make MP3s etc. sound better than usual because it can enhance the Highs and Lows that the compression loses. Any idea if thats true?

Cheers.

It sounds a little better than the realtek to me. The better the speakers obviously the better the sound. Don't expect a huge difference otherwise you'll just be disappointed.

Its in the ear of the beholder really. Although if you are looking at getting the Z5500s its probably worth the investment.

Already have the z5500s.

@ spaced - Yeah, im not getting my hopes up, just got it for 20 bucks, and wondering if its worth the hassle installing it.

The extreme audio is a pretty average card, it doesn't support eax5.0, has cheapo components on it thus digital to analogue conversion isn't fantastic. Personally i would have saved the $20 towards a worth while card. If your onboard sound card does realtime dd/dts 5.1 encoding then i'd stick with that, if not then you might as well install the card and try out both options and see which sounds best to you.

By the way the entire x-fi crystalizer audio enhancer is just a marketing gimmick, it does nothing to an mp3 that a few tweaks in an audio equalizer can't do. Fact of the matter is once a frequency has been removed from an mp3 there's no getting is back, no x-fi or other wise knows that there was meant to be the sound of fingers running down a guitar string in the background of your favorite song.

Edited by m0zes

Already have the z5500s.

@ spaced - Yeah, im not getting my hopes up, just got it for 20 bucks, and wondering if its worth the hassle installing it.

Yeah I paid more than that for mine so I was a bit cut. Still better than onboard. Let us know how you go, when it's installed.

Haha nuke,

I have tried it on the earphone with loud volume and its better my ex58 onboard audio.