Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
GTAV6

well, i've just found what i'm going to blow all my retirement on...

... a half meter long 'serenity', complete with remote control lighting effects! :o)

qmx are only going to create 500 of them - and i aim to misb... er, obtain one. dunno what the price is, yet, but i reckon it'll match the size of the model. still, it's only money, right? besides, i'm on an alliance payroll, so there'll be a kind of poetic justice to it :o)

http://www.quantummechanix.com/Serenity.html

Honestly, I wish it were slightly smaller.

If I had one I don't know where I'd put it, it's just slightly too big for shelf-sized.

Rob.

Interestingly enough their waiting list currently exceeds the 500 they were going to produce. They've upped the production run to 1000, but it the waiting list even exceeds this figure. Preorders will be taken on a first-come-first-served basis.

They are also still in the process of coming up with a price, although they make special note that each model takes 46 hours of an artists time to wire, paint and assemble :P

Rob.

Edited by robzy

Very nice - from what Robzy said, it sounds like it's going to be at least $10,000... Far too steep for me.

P.S. A Crazy Ivan is American Naval sub talk for a random right angle turn of a vessel, from what I understand. It wasn't invented in the Firefly series.

Well, I'm assuming an SFX artist could be making $100 per hour, if they can manage quality like this? Add to that materials, overheads, shipping and some profit, $10,000 doesn't sound too steep for me.

Honestly, I wish it were slightly smaller.

If I had one I don't know where I'd put it, it's just slightly too big for shelf-sized.

Rob.

LOL I was thinking it was too small - I want a REALLY big one.

Ohh, so you did hector.

LOL I was thinking it was too small - I want a REALLY big one.

Perhaps it's stuck in awkward place between the "This'll look awesome on my shelf" and "I'm going to need to clear out some space in my garage" sizes :P

Rob.

yep, got my confirmation e-mail from them a few days ago and i'm very much afraid that at us$2495 (nz$3485), i'm going to have to opt out :o(

apparently, they're to be autographed by natan fillion, too.

i'm pretty gutted - i was fully prepared to spend nz$1500-1800 on one of these, but double that is considerably more than i can justify...

This isn't just a model though... :P

Rob.

Yes.

It's a cage of celibacy.

It repels getting laid.