Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Chuck Norris(good actor

UT 99'

I've tried a couple of the ones following '99, and they always felt like running around in a fat suit inside a special school to me. Whereas '99 felt like being thrown into a well full on gritty battleground. Like it had more substance, everything was more solid and real, not constructs which look like painted foam.

Strange, but how I feel.

Ahh, the Strangelove mod on Facing Worlds, so much fun :)~

I've tried a couple of the ones following '99, and they always felt like running around in a fat suit inside a special school to me. Whereas '99 felt like being thrown into a well full on gritty battleground. Like it had more substance, everything was more solid and real, not constructs which look like painted foam.

Strange, but how I feel.

Not strange I feel the same way the new UTs were to gaudy and colourful

UT just looked cooler more like a fucked up deathmatch comp in a future mining town shoudl!

As soon as I had a go at the UT99 demo, I knew I had to buy the full game. So much fun versing skilled bots (for the time) in those beautiful maps with original weapons.

I only played '99 in SP mode as my dial-up was shocking at the time, but that was enough for me. Such a classy game.

The 2k4 demo made an equally mammoth impression on me, but this time the online aspect took hold & Onslaught became the game i'd be playing for years, as DM/CTF got boring no matter what scenery or weaponry I had around me. It's spilled over to UT3, in Warfare, which is slowly growing on a community, which initially snubbed it thanks to yet another rushed release for a game that should've waited another 3 months at least.

I'm even back playing a bit of DM in UT3. Not much though - I miss my UT vehicles too much & find myself looking for a WAR or VCTF (if i'm desperate) server soon enough.

it truly was a gem. ut2003+ to me werent games at all. more like technical demos. it's like they fired the game designer(s) hired a bunch of artists and engine coders and thought they still had a game franchise. i think there was more hype over unreal engine 2, 2.5, 3 then any of their respective tournament games.

i hate to do halo a favour but after playing that ut2004 ground vehicles felt like i was controlling a gear. ut3 improved that but still lifeless really.

Haven't got UT3 - maybe if there is a reasonable online community it might be worth it. Surely would be nice to have a modern game to stretch my system's legs.

i hate to do halo a favour but after playing that ut2004 ground vehicles felt like i was controlling a gear. ut3 improved that but still lifeless really.

Really...wtf?.....The handling of UT3s' ground vehicles (Scorpion & Hellbender) are one of the worst aspects of the game - they turn way too easily & are shocking to control, even for someone like me who's been playin UT3 for a while.

The aircrafts handle better than in UT2k4, but the ground vehicles are much worse.

They should've at least included a vehicle sensitivity option in the settings so you could tweak ground/air vehicles to suit.