Storage Poll  

76 members have voted

1. 1. So how much usagable storage do you have hiding in the case?

• Less than 500GB
    • Between 500GB and 1TB
    • Between 1TB and 1.5TB
    • Between 1.5TB and 2TB
    • Between 2TB and 2.5TB
    • Between 2.5TB and 3TB
    • Between 3TB and 3.5TB
    • Between 3.5TB and 4TB
    • Between 4TB and 5TB
    • Between 5TB and 6TB
    • Over 6TB
    • It's not about size but rather speed, SDD all the way!!

3TB in my case. 4+ if you include the ones on my desk.

It hasn't got ZFS on it though, so it's only half as good as it could be. :(

In my case, none, I dont actually have my own fully functional powerful rig. If you include stuff I've pulled of the streets not much (there is a 700mb lying around). Laptop has a 120gb so to extend it got 2x1tb ext hdds (though one is sued to backup the other). So i dont think I should vote, or should I?

My lappy has a piddly 500GB.

I didn't bother counting other drives around the place, since the laptop is the main source of everything.

Single 500GB WD in the case. 1TB Samsung, 500GB WD + assorted older HDDs = external storage. I really don't need access to everything at any moment. And my pr0n collection is ... extensive.

Edited by thesorehead

yep 640gb in both my 'main rigs'. so i voted like that.

but also have 2.25TB in the UberServer.

and 500gb in the gateway.

hrm, let me pull the side off:

1*250GB

2*400GB

1*200GB

so 1.25 TB in my main rig.

Storage server has 6*1.5TB in raidz. which gives 6.6TiB usable formatted space, stupid marketroid numbers. 7128576000 Kilobytes if you want to be a bit more precise about it.

Surprising, I thought people would have had more - although as some have pointed out, those with alot are more likely to run a server or NAS type arrangement, HDD's do have a tendency to make the box a bit heavy for Lanning. Also utilising RAID drops the usable amount of storage.

I know in my own case, storage was around the 1.5TB for quite a while, and as drives got bigger I've removed the small ones (6 x 250GB at one stage) to now 2x 1TB and 2x 250GB (again the smaller ones will go with my next HDD purchase).

1.8TB in my main rig, 4x1TB + 4x 160gig in RAID5 in the file server. I'll be replacing the 160 gig drives at some point, but for now there is no need.

Nothing to write home about..

I just keep building old school boxes for friends and getting rid of those <100gb drives.

planing the upgrade to the server.

I think the reason a lot of us may be stuck in the 2tb area is that that was a pretty good size right before the economy tanked and we still haven't upgraded yet.

1 TB on desktop with dual boot 200GB XP/ 800GB Vista use under 200GB all up

Ordered the third TB drive today as part of my PC update 'plan'. Of the HDD's I have, the two 250GBs (one IDE, one SATA) will be sold, leaving 3TB drives, of which 1.3TB is used currently. Large drives are just a whole lot easier (I'm not much for deleting), also and primarily the 250's are just getting a little old now.

Be nice when those SSD's come down in price.

This is my stats brain ticking over here but its funny how the graph is skewed to the right I was expecting an even distribution coming into the poll.

This is my stats brain ticking over here but its funny how the graph is skewed to the right I was expecting an even distribution coming into the poll.

Perhaps representing a 'gamer' sample, as opposed to us 'leech whore's'.

Perhaps representing a 'gamer' sample, as opposed to us 'leech whore's'.

yea thats a good conclusion.