huntedwumpus

So... Whos going to play Borderlands?

I am definitely buying this, it looks like its going to be awesome to co-op with friends.

Im looking forward to checking out all the skill trees in the 4 classes and seeing how the co-op is integrated into the game.

Discuss!

YESSS, in fact i already own a leaked copy...PWN!

...that was a bold faced lie and i apologize, but i can dream.

Edited by jchilders

I am, but on Xbox 360.

Co-op split-screen on the sofa with beers.

Awesome.

That requires friends.

And a comfy sofa.

Also, if there's modding in new modules for the weapons system, I'm all over it.

i get the pc vrsion!!!!!!!!!!!!

ME TOO!

Its going to be amazing to explore borderlands with three other friends. Its going to be nice playing a game unlike an MMO where theres always someone better than you and everything is a competition.

We are just going to level up together and progress through the story while obtaining phat loots!

^ Im hoping all the lameness from that post doesnt drip onto mine... anyway...

Be grabbing it on PC for sure, has looked like a winner since early dev notes and screenies.

All I jhope for is that my pre-order is early enough so that I don't have to use a crappy username or something with numbers in it. I will be very dissapointed if this happens but oh well, it's not about the names.

All I jhope for is that my pre-order is early enough so that I don't have to use a crappy username or something with numbers in it. I will be very dissapointed if this happens but oh well, it's not about the names.

Damn right.

Epic boxshot:

http://games.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1831/Borderlands/

Yeah, I'll be playing it for sure, and I'll be breaking one of my golden rules of thumb for FPS games; I will be playing it on a console (with crappy twiddly inaccurate thumbsticks instead almighty godlike Logitech G7), purely for the co-op goodness.

Split screen might be kinda fun, it seems like it would be pretty hectic trying to play with half a screen. (depending on the size of your tv of course :P)

I'm also wondering if there will be any lagging issues on consoles say, if you stray too far from the other player doing something completely different.

I think ill stick to PC though online play and lanning with buddies is sure to bring some great gaming moments.

Hopefully they'll release a modding pack for it, so to account for that the only option is PC for me.

In addition, you dont need to reserve your name, as someone mentioned above; it's not an MMO.

http://pax.gamespot.com/story/6216876/gear...he-borderlands-

As one example, he spoke about the potential genius of healing bullets. Neumann said that one of the most rewarding moments he's experienced while playing the game was scoring a critical headshot on one of his ailing teammates from a lengthy distance using a sniper rifle loaded with the medicinal ordnance.

Fucking Sold!

Yeah, another +1 for cautiously optimistic.

It looks cool, but I think I'm going to have to play it before I make a call.

I don't like the idea of not being able to create my own character, and having to play a personality not of my own, but if done well I suppose I could enjoy it. Apart from that, it does look a mighty tempting game.