huntedwumpus

So... Whos going to play Borderlands?

how was the AI? did the enemies use cover and make themselves hard to hit? or did they just stand in the open.

how difficult did the game seem? did you die at all? was the boss fight a challenge?

1. The ai would dodge and use cover (They ran away too sometimes) - they also seek you out if you try to take cover, which was annoying with poor hp/shielding at the start of the game but sure does add to the immersion factor of the game's reality.

2. The game was a lil difficult at the start but i was learning my way around the control layout, once id played for about an hour or so it did get easier understanding the game better obviously, but it still did challenge appropriately (the gun that set enemies on fire HELPED ALOT though).

3. I died plenty of times, when you "die" you'd get transported back to the entry of the map via this trippy portal (it also takes money from you - calls it a transportation fee lol), thank god most maps are not too big so its usually a small walk through the map to get back into action!

4.the boss fight was quite challenging, everyone in the party died at least once (this can be blamed on lack of control knowledge) my count was three times because i ran in straight away like a crazy man though and would get bombarded by skaag' jumping on me

VERY informative thanks so much.

one more question ..

If you shot someone in the head or some other limb, did the specific body part show damage? like bullet holes, severing of limbs, head blowing off ect.

October is Pc release. and 2k gave me a shirt.

Any word if it's coming to STEAM?

Yes it is and there's going to be something extra in the steam version.

Didn't say what that extra thing was and I can't remember the source (possibly shacknews).

October is Pc release. and 2k gave me a shirt.

Any word if it's coming to STEAM?

Yes it is and there's going to be something extra in the steam version.

Didn't say what that extra thing was and I can't remember the source (possibly shacknews).

Huzah! Thanks for the heads up :)

I'm definitely getting it for PC! I played it at Power To The PC in Sydney too. :)

Just need to decide whether I should wait to pre-order on STEAM or pre-order from somewhere else...

When you say that upon death you are transported back to the "start" of the map, is that as in the start of the encounters general area, or is the game world divided into modules, like neverwinter nights for instance? I thought it was open world roaming style ala falltrout?

VERY informative thanks so much.

one more question ..

If you shot someone in the head or some other limb, did the specific body part show damage? like bullet holes, severing of limbs, head blowing off ect.

unfortunately i didnt pay enough attention to that detail - but im pretty sure i saw a couple of bullet holes after shooting human raiders if i remember correctly.

When you say that upon death you are transported back to the "start" of the map, is that as in the start of the encounters general area, or is the game world divided into modules, like neverwinter nights for instance? I thought it was open world roaming style ala falltrout?

I havent played neverwinter nights unfortuneately so i dont understand the reference but say if you enter a cave, get 3/4 the way in and die you'll end up at the start of the cave again (but as i said previously the areas/maps are quite small - about a minute sprint for the ninetoes cave map start to end as an example.

It's come up on Steam, but you have to click the "Specials" tab to see the Australian Borderlands Pre-Order special, don't know why we have our own version, but hey.

I figure I'll get it with my next pay, still a few weeks until it's released.

It's come up on Steam, but you have to click the "Specials" tab to see the Australian Borderlands Pre-Order special, don't know why we have our own version, but hey.

I love Steam, so much cheaper than the retail stores. Here it is $89NZD. On Steam it is $61.31NZD.

Can't look past that :)

Our dollar is about 90c US atm so anyone wanting to buy it, now is an excellent time since it works out to be around $50AUD

Maybe because our ever loved review board has cut it to shreds?

Just teasing, I would hope. :{(

Edited by Elfarch

Let me restate that I will be getting and playing Borderlands.

Iam getting this. going to hopefully pre-order this thursday night on steam.

Just to let you all know, steam has a left for dead style discounted four pack for borderlands. pretty sweet deal considering that its already 10% off the console price!

lack of shotguns?

It has a random weapon generator, that can make over a million different weapons. surely there'd be a few thousand shotguns in there somewhere.

I'm probably the most excited I've ever been about a video game release. Preordered about two weeks ago (PC of course :))

lack of shotguns?

It has a random weapon generator, that can make over a million different weapons. surely there'd be a few thousand shotguns in there somewhere.

I think maybe it had something to do with ammo....hmm can't remember!>?!?!?

Sounds better than L4D/2

the campaigns in L4D/2 are too fragmented to hold your attention.