huntedwumpus

So... Whos going to play Borderlands?

Looks like they're already gearing up for the first DLC add-on:

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/borderlands-...announced/1732/

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Borderlands "Zombie Island of Dr. Ned" DLC Announced

Gearbox's loot-driven wasteland romp Borderlands ain't even on store shelves till next week--with a PC release following on Steam the week after that--but the developer is already spilling the beans about its post-release plans for downloadable content.

Described as "the first in a series" of add-ons, The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned will run you $10 on all three platforms. Here's a brief description of what's in there.

Tasked with keeping the workers of Jakobs Cove alive, Dr. Ned (who is not related to Dr. Zed from Fyrestone) does his job a little too well, creating zombies and other abominations that now run rampant in this region. Players will have to work alongside Dr. Ned as they embark on a quest to cure the inhabitants of Jakobs Cove in this full-fledged expansion filled with new enemies, new quests and rare loot drops.

i was ummming and arring about this but i do belive i will be getting it. just a quick question if you pre order through steam can you download it and then wait for steam to release it or not

i was ummming and arring about this but i do belive i will be getting it. just a quick question if you pre order through steam can you download it and then wait for steam to release it or not

Not sure about that one...I know the question was asked to the marketing guy from 2k games at the LAN night and he did not know..

Not sure about that one...I know the question was asked to the marketing guy from 2k games at the LAN night and he did not know..

Poo

Theres an IGN video review up of this game for those who are to lazy to read a few pages like me :P

Edited by nesquick

Yeah, consoles get it a week earlier, cunts. Still, 6 days til its out on Steam here, can not wait.

Damm those console punks!

I've not played it on a console but when I did on a PC at the Atomic night, was thinking how hard it might be using a controller instead of a keyboard/mouse

At least on the PC you have a choice of Keyboard/mouse or controller, or even both at the same time.

well due to M2W sh*t going decide to change my pre-order over to boderlands having played it at the power to pc in melb thought was a cool game and cant wait to get on my rig to play :)

Myself and a gazillion* other mates have preordered it on Steam. I intend to play it heaps after exams.

A few of us in Melbourne will be having a Borderlands LAN. (sorry, all four positions already taken, I believe :P )

* For the purposes of this conversation, 1 gazillion is roughly 10 that I can name off the top of my head.

Downloaded it already on to Steam. Now the waiting.

I wish they could add some customisation of the armour or character.

Had it preloaded for the past few days. Bought a 4 pack with some friends. Cheap as chips.

Odd release date though. Cant wait to begin!!

After MW2 turned for the worst there really aren't many/any games that have me eagerly awaiting.

A few of us in Melbourne will be having a Borderlands LAN. (sorry, all four positions already taken, I believe :P )

Why not have two simultaneous 4p coop and race each other? ;)

Scratch that.

Valve reset it to the 30th.

That's right.

THREE MORE DAYS.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

UUUUUUUUUUUUU

Scratch that.

Valve reset it to the 30th.

That's right.

THREE MORE DAYS.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

UUUUUUUUUUUUU

Because of this I am buying pirating it. Say waht you like but Valve can suck a fat one.

Anyone want to buy my copy?