Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Wilkshake

Userids Changed

I've just noticed, since we now have the whole "member number" underneath our avatars.

Now from v1 and 2 my userID was always 1955. Now it's showing up 1798. Just curious is it a case that everybody has been shuffled up and that there were 150-odd userIDs lower than 1955 that had been banned/deleted/slipped into some database void?

I've just noticed, since we now have the whole "member number" underneath our avatars.

Now from v1 and 2 my userID was always 1955. Now it's showing up 1798. Just curious is it a case that everybody has been shuffled up and that there were 150-odd userIDs lower than 1955 that had been banned/deleted/slipped into some database void?

Weird, maybe they were spambots?

'ccording to a post by a *od somewhere, UIDs should all have gone down a bit due to none being wasted on spambots of old.

As for ranks, they've decked them out in awesome powers of 2.

Rob.

Apparently the spambots were taken out of the equation and our user id's changed. Is mentioned in another thread in website feedback.

'ccording to a post by a *od somewhere, UIDs should all have gone down a bit due to none being wasted on spambots of old.

As for ranks, they've decked them out in awesome powers of 2.

Rob.

Most of them, anyway.

Apparently the spambots were taken out of the equation and our user id's changed. Is mentioned in another thread in website feedback.

This is all quite correct. The user database was full of all kinds of crazy stuff that it had accumulated over the years, and now was as good a time as any to do a quick purge of anything obviously invalid. Some user IDs have gone up, some down, but all at least should be in largely the same order.

This is all quite correct. The user database was full of all kinds of crazy stuff that it had accumulated over the years, and now was as good a time as any to do a quick purge of anything obviously invalid. Some user IDs have gone up, some down, but all at least should be in largely the same order.

None should have gone up, unless they added spambots :P

Rob.

Is it just spambots, or every account that was nuked was reabsorbed?

I'd assume every account that was nuked. Wouldn't have thought that they wouldnt have a record of which was nuked for spambot and which for other reasons.

Rob.

None should have gone up, unless they added spambots :P

Rob.

Up very slighty due to tests and other such nonsense pipping the sequence. :)

I've gone *UP*16 .. :(

I was user 197.. Now I'm 213...

How can I compare e-penis if my number goes UP!

(btw.. Read this post with tongue in cheek. I don't really care). This is more notice that something funny has gone on in the lower ranks where people have been ADDED! (I'm guessing "Gods" or whatever are now added in as the lower numbers THEN the usual plebs like us)

AD

Up very slighty due to tests and other such nonsense pipping the sequence. :)

Ahh, fair enough, my bad. I'm guessing this only affects the rather-low-UIDs though.

Rob.

I noticed that I'd gone down to a four digit user id.

Old one was 11088, which is very close to my subs number

I've gone *UP*16 .. :(

I was user 197.. Now I'm 213...

How can I compare e-penis if my number goes UP!

(btw.. Read this post with tongue in cheek. I don't really care). This is more notice that something funny has gone on in the lower ranks where people have been ADDED! (I'm guessing "Gods" or whatever are now added in as the lower numbers THEN the usual plebs like us)

AD

I hate people who do that sort of thing.