Sign in to follow this  
fisha

Help

hey guys, can you tell me if all this stuff is compatible with each other...

i would greatly appreciate it,

and for a gaming computer, would you recommend a physx accelerator??

PSU

Corsair HX-520 ATX Power Supply, 120mm fan Instock $128.00

CASE

Antec NSK 4000 Solution ATX MiniTower, NO PSU - Black with Silver Bezel PreorderETA $59.00

CPU

Intel CORE 2 QUAD Q9400/2.66GHz/6MB CACHE Instock $345.00

HARD DISK

Western Digital 80G 7200rpm HDD(8Mb Cache) Instock $47.00

MEMORY

OCZ DDR2 4G(2x2G)PC-6400 800Mhz Reaper HPC(2RPR800C44G) PreorderETA $135.00

MONITOR

Asus VW192C 19inch wide 5ms DVI-D Colorshine 1ys Zero Bright Dot PreorderETA $195.00

MOTHERBORD

Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L P45+ICH10 DDR2 1200 1600MHz PCI-E 2.0 SATAII GLAN 8Ch Audio ATX Ultra Durable Instock $132.00

GRAPHICS CARD

GeForce 9800GT, 512MB Superclocked $218.00

TOTAL: $1259

oo lol, and also, i was readin up on PSU's do you think that is enough.... 520??

or should i go for a high 500 or maybe even low 600's.

1. that PSU will be more than enough, trust me its one of the best ones out there (read reviews and you will see what i mean)

2. the 9800gt is not much different than the old 8800gt's it has just had a die shrink, at the moment nvidia is giving 90% of the enthusiast market the run around with their naming schemes where the 9x00 series is not necessarily new tech, if you can put your ati/nvidia love/hate aside and consider a HD4870 and the stuff i said you will be getting a much better computer in terms of gaming performance or even a HD4850 will be leaps and bounds ahead of the 9800gt with all the filters turned up

3. that case is very cramped and you might want to consider something with a bit more room like the antec 300 gaming case for about $20 more

4. you might want to buy a bigger hdd (make sure its 16mb cache and if you want long life go for seagate or quietness go for western digital

5. that ram uses generic chips so just buy generic 800mhz stuff (trust me its all going to perform exactly the same) if you want really good ram get crucial ballistix as they use micron d9 chips which are legendary for overclocking

6. If you really must have a quad then get the q6600 as the performance difference does not justify the price hike, if you are just gaming the best chip is the e8500/e8400

7. mobo is good

8. don't know anything about screens so i guess its alright but you can get 22inch benq screens for about $240

9. make sure you don't forget postage costs of all this stuff unless you are going to pick it up

10. physx is a waste of time and money i have been there done that trust me its a gimmick

11. don't forget a dvdrw drive

+1 for the HD4850

I recommend WD 640GB HDD

Definitely get a 22 inch screen, i recommend LG W2252TQ-PF

Might want to consider a Power/case combo...might wanna consider the Antec TITAN650 Server Case with TruePower Trio 650W PSU...its massive

haha... ok thanks guys, appreciate it =)

what do u think about this

GSkill 4G(2x2G) DDR3

Creative SoundBlaster Audigy SE Sound Card 7.1

Intel Xeon Quad-Core X3360 2.83G S775

Seagate Barracuda 250GB 7200RPM(16Mb Cache)

Asus VW192C 19inch wide 5ms DVI-D Colorshine 1ys Zero Bright Dot

Antec Three Hundred Tower Gaming Case- Black NO PSU

e-GeForce 9800GTX+ SSC Edition, 512MB

what do I think?

I think you've made some very unwise/bad choices there:

why a Xeon? you'll be paying a premium price and getting no advantage performance wise. get an E8400, or Q6600

250G Seagate? as stated, get a WD 640G, they're both fast and cheap.

Asus 19" LCD? you could probably get a decent ChiMei 22" for much the same price

Antec 300? get at least the 900, or perhaps even a LianLi PC-7S (they're only $150)

9800GTX? have a look at the ATI 4850, or better still the 4870.

the P45 boards a very good - I'm using an Asus P5Q

thanks guys,

for your info, ill go back and pick out some better stuff =)

and yes i will be picking all this stuff up,

well all except the Graphics Card

:)

ok...

after alot of research and help from alot of people.. lol

this is wat im gettin:::::

OCZ GameXstream 1010W SLI Ready Power Supply

OCZ SLI-Ready Dual Channel 4096MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz Memory (2x2048MB) x2

NZXT Alpha AHN02-UGB Black with blue Side Window(NO PSU)

Intel CORE 2 QUAD Q9400/2.66GHz/6MB CACHE

Western Digital 250G SATAII 7200 rpm HDD(16Mb Cache)

Liteon 20x DVD Dual Layer DVD+/-Rburner Black Retail (DH-20A4P)

EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Akimbo SC Video Card - Superclocked Edition, 512MB GDDR3

EVGA nforce 780i SLI Motherboard - A1 Version

Logitech Media Keyboard 600 USB ONLY Black

Asus VW222S 22inch Wide 2ms 5000:1 VGA Tilt Speaker 1ysZBD Pixel

Thermaltake TR2M13 CPU cooler&Heatsink (SK775)

That's just... really bad value.

What's your budget, where are you buying from, and what doesn't need to be included (e.g. OS, mouse, speakers)?

im buying from a couple of places, umart, tiger direct and one other store, but thats just for the keyboard

i will spend up to like 1500

Antec Sonata Plus Tower Case w/ 550W NeoPower $209.00

Pioneer DVR-216BK 20x Dual Black OEM with software - SATA $34.00

Xigmatek CPU Cooler Archilles S1284 $75.00

Intel CORE 2 Q6600/2.4Ghz/2x4MB/1066FSB/LGA775 $288.00

Western Digital 640G SATAII 7200 rpm HDD (WD6400AAKS) $96.00

Logitech Media Keyboard 600 USB ONLY Black $29.00

G.Skill DDR2 4G(2x2G)PC6400 800Mhz(F2-6400CL5D-4GBNT) $82.00

LG W2242T-BF 22 inch LCD 5ms 8000 : 1 D-Sub DVI-D $231.00

Gigabyte GA-EP43-DS3L $117.0

MSI N260GTX 896M DDR3 Dual DVI-I HDMI ready HDTV/VO $345.00

Total $1506 from umart.com.au

I'd hazard a guess this one would outperform yours once you bought an extra 8800GT, plus you don't have to worry about ordering stuff from the USA/Canada (isn't the exchange rate and shipping making doing so really pointless anyway?).

Make absolutely certain it's the 216 pipeline version of the GTX 260.

*EDIT* Oopsie doodle, I don't think that video card fits in that case. And I really can't be bothered suggesting something else. Someone else re-jig it :P

I'd go for tantryl's build, and I think he's right about that card being too big for the Sonata cases.

I'd swap that case for a CoolerMaster 690 ($115) which you'll need to get a PSU for. I'd get a Corsair HX-520 or an Antec EarthWatts 650W PSU, both around the $130 mark.

thanks for that, but i really want to have a mobo with dual or tri SLI so i can upgrade in the future...

thats why i had the EVGA 780i

Oh... The card will fit, you just have to mod it a bit :P

I know! I have the Sonata Plus and a GTX 260. Awesome graphics card.. I've had it for months and still can't get over it.

Go with eckys suggestion of a cm690, solid case.

Though if you do plan to go Tri-SLI in the not too distant future, I would suggest getting a fairly beefy PSU of around 1000watt like you have selected. But get a decent branded one.

Uh yeah. Tri-SLi is not really a viable option. It's a lot of money for not a lot of gain.

Personally, I'd grab Tantry's option, but with a CM690 and a 500W Earthwatts.

The Corsair PSU's are nice, but the 500W Earthwatts is likely a little cheaper, and will do everything you need seeing as that computer doesn't draw a super amount of power.

That'll fit the GPU, and have enough power for everything ^_^

A single GTX 260 would beat two 8800GTs and probably match three of them, while using far less power, being far easier to configure, and being much much cheaper.

It's a dumb, dumb, expensive, dumb purchase.

Please. Listen.

hey defiantly thats what i had down

OCZ GameXstream 1010W SLI Ready Power Supply

so i could be able to go into the tri range

So you're seriously going to buy a system that's going to be slower until you get all three cards, which will basically perform the same once you finally spend the extra money, but generates a massive amount more heat, uses more power, and costs ~$500 more?

*sigh*

So you're seriously going to buy a system that's going to be slower until you get all three cards, which will basically perform the same once you finally spend the extra money, but generates a massive amount more heat, uses more power, and costs ~$500 more?

*sigh*

FUCK YEAH! SEAKING!

I'd do it.

It's the smart thing to do.

edit: If you can read between those lines, I'm basically saying you're silly for even contemplating Tri-SLi with that series of cards.

I said before that "Uh yeah. Tri-SLi is not really a viable option. It's a lot of money for not a lot of gain.". Unless you're Johnny the WonderKid and can magic money up from the ground, you're 15 and this amount of money is probably a big deal to you.

Tantryl, among other things, does this sort of thing for a living (or at least, used to) so not only is he fairly experienced, people are happy to pay him money for this sort of shit so it's usually pretty good advice.

Please, listen to the suggestion he put forward. It's a well performing computer and much better than you spending money on a 1000W PSU!1!1!1 and a Tri SLi solution when you're getting old cards and not even getting them all at once.

thanks for that, but i really want to have a mobo with dual or tri SLI so i can upgrade in the future...

thats why i had the EVGA 780i

As someone who has just finished fucking around with a TriSLI rig to get it to even complete Vantage, you seriously don't want that same experience at home.

Stick with a single powerful card, then upgrade in a couple of years. That way you're not restricted to adding power, and seeing almost no performance increase.

Of course, you don't have to take my word for it, nor anyone else's. It's not like we're into this kind of thing anyway...

/runs off to the NASCAR to watch the cars go round and round

ok im gonna look for a 280GTX then.. thank you....

could you guys recommend a good cheap site that i could look for some graphics cards in australia.. seen as though umart doesnt even stock graphics cards

ok im gonna look for a 260GTX then.. thank you....

could you guys recommend a good cheap site that i could look for some graphics cards in australia.. seen as though umart doesnt even stock graphics cards