Sign in to follow this  
G-relk

wireless adapter problems

so, got a customers PC in at work, and the wireless adapter keeps dropping out. after a bit of fiddling i managed to re-install the drivers for it, but the problem remains.

after it stops working it wont work again until the PC is restarted and the driver re-installed.

OS is Vista basic 32bit with SP1. drivers are the latest ones off the realtek site.

anyone have any other ideas on how to fix it?? or could it possibly be a faulty chip??

any input appreciated

cheers

G-relk

Could be a possible fualty chip. Have you made sure that its not reverting to the windows drivers? Does Lan work?

Could be a possible fualty chip. Have you made sure that its not reverting to the windows drivers? Does Lan work?

i dont know, went to try and the battery is flat because the customer didnt give us the power brick >.<

ill have to call them and get it to drop it round.

its deffinately not reverting to the windows drivers, checked that in device manager after i re-installed them (read: force fed it the actual .ini files).

thing thats getting me is that it works fine for a few seconds then loses internet, then says that there is a problem, then loses it entirely. the laptop is under warranty though im pretty sure, so if it is hardware thats easy enough to get fixed.