Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
hectorbustnuts

Official "Guess what game Lucasarts is announcing this week" thread

A not so cryptic tweet hit the Lucasarts feed today:

RT @geoffkeighley: LucasArts will announce a brand-new original game on this week's GTTV - with first footage. More details soon. (watch it)

So...what could it be?!

Will we see a payoff to the TIE Fighter/X-wing reboot rumours?

The rumoured casual MMO based on the Clone Wars?

Grim Fandango 2?

Who knows? Not me!

SOE is supposed to be developing a casual browser based Star Wars MMO using the Free Realms engine so it's probably that.

Edited by Ihsan

brand-new original game

well that def rules out a X-Wing vs TIE Fighter sequel.

And we heard about the MMO already and we've seen the footages.

Soooo, maybe a shoot-them-up or Street Fighter Style arcade game? :-P

guys guys guys

maybe this is completely new IP?!

i mean, im aware we havent had a non-recycled new IP title in some years, but dont rule it out!!!

</sarcasm>

Grim Fandango 2?

It better not be. No Tim Shafer = no sequel.

But I guess we'll find out soon enough.

The George Lucas Wants A New Yacht But Can't Be Fucked Working For It game - where you spend real money to buy fake online money to throw at George Lucas for 1 in 10million chance to win a "I'm GL's Bitch, and I Love It" hat and T-shirt.

The George Lucas Wants A New Yacht But Can't Be Fucked Working For It game - where you spend real money to buy fake online money to throw at George Lucas for 1 in 10million chance to win a "I'm GL's Bitch, and I Love It" hat and T-shirt.

I'd play it.

also, if you click repeatedly on the yacht's gold plated toilet, you get to spend a weekend as John Romero's bitch.

+1 POTM....

http://lucasarts.com/company/release/news20090911.html

SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. — Sept 11, 2009 — LucasArts today announced Lucidity, a new game under development from the LucasArts team that re-imagined The Secret of Monkey Island®. Set for release on Xbox LIVE Arcade and PC via digital download on October 7, Lucidity is an addictive puzzle platformer set in the surreal dreamscapes of a little girl named Sofi.

In Lucidity, players take a trip into the imagination of Sofi, a young girl who is filled with a persistent desire to explore new worlds and overcome all obstacles in her way. In this challenging puzzle platform game, players are tasked with keeping Sofi safe as she drifts deeper into the strange new world of her dreams. Through quick reaction and placement of randomly generated puzzle pieces, players must create a path through beautifully detailed dreamscapes to keep Sofi in perpetual motion and deliver her to safety.

"Lucidity comes from our effort at LucasArts to form several small internal development teams and give them the creative freedom to make games that surprise, amaze and inspire," said LucasArts President Darrell Rodriguez. "The re-imagining of The Secret of Monkey Island and the development of the all-new Lucidity are just the beginning of this effort."

More information about Lucidity can be found at LucasArts' newly launched blog, The Workshop, at http://www.LucasArtsWorkshop.com/. The Workshop at LucasArts has been created to share the latest news about the company's digital distribution initiatives.

About LucasArts

LucasArts, a division of Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd., is a leading developer and publisher of interactive entertainment software worldwide for video game console systems, computers and the Internet. Based in San Francisco, Calif., as well as on the Internet at www.lucasarts.com, LucasArts was created in 1982 by George Lucas to provide an interactive element to his vision of a state-of-the-art, multifaceted entertainment company.

Braid knockoff anybody?

I like it...

Kinda reminded me of the game sleepwalker on the old amiga cd32 I use to play but less frustrating ;)