d3c4y

Which burning software to use...

Hey,

I've had bad experiences with Nero, and now Ashampoo decided to be terrible on the day I needed to burn my HSC Music Major onto a cd.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a decent burning software. Free or paid.

Thanks guys.

Installed Nero that came with a new drive today, worked pretty well for a simple copy but is way more bloated than it has to be, I have no idea why I would ever need all the crap it installs! Will definitely try ImgBurn tomorrow.

OUCH, trying NERO is a bad idea. it has all its own drivers and crap which can really mess with your system... I wish you luck.

Its like the norton antivirus of burning apps.

OUCH, trying NERO is a bad idea. it has all its own drivers and crap which can really mess with your system... I wish you luck.

Its like the norton antivirus of burning apps.

I know, I wouldnt do it on my own pc, had all sorts of issues before with Nero. This was a work computer which is already loaded with 2 years of crap, and I get paid to reload the OS if need be.

Installed Nero that came with a new drive today, worked pretty well for a simple copy but is way more bloated than it has to be, I have no idea why I would ever need all the crap it installs! Will definitely try ImgBurn tomorrow.

That's why I still use Nero 5.5.

That's why I still use Nero 5.5.

+1

I think Nero is great, fucking hate the bloated bullshit interface on Nero 6 and newer... i stick with 5.5 Nero Express also =)

Regards, Benjagan91

Yeah, I still use an old version of Nero 6 for most things... I don't do a lot of burning though, just the occasional ISO CD/DVD image back to media, usually a MS disc of some kind.

Those who use nero, really should try IMGBurn :)

You've been pimping that for years.

Last I tried it, I found it difficult to use.

Those who use nero, really should try IMGBurn :)

You've been pimping that for years.

Last I tried it, I found it difficult to use.

The more recent versions have a simplifed interface by default.