Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Vanne

iphone screen smashed, i have vodafone extra insurance.

Not too sure what to do now, sell my 16gb 3gs or keep it and flogg the 8g 3g one? Personally i think the speed factor is a lota crap, i havent really seen nor experienced (much) faster usage. Internetting is the same speed, apps might open a mili-second quicker, but thier usage is also the same.

The only thing that ive used since going to the 3gs is the vid cam, (and i was able to use a similar one while my 3G was jailbroken.)

so iam not too sure what to do.

The extra space isnt realy a go/no-go either as ive only got my fave songs on there all taking up about 3 gigs total....(includes the apps ive got on there)

So whada you recon? keep the 3GS or sell it?

the 3GS is definitely faster for me. put them side by side from a clean boot and open up the contacts app or facebook or twitter. I definitely noticed that my contacts and SMS load faster with the two phones side by side

Good to know, I have iPhone on vodafone cap too. Glad to know i dont pay insurance for nothing. Why were you charged with $170 though, have you had the phone less than 6 months?

Good to know, I have iPhone on vodafone cap too. Glad to know i dont pay insurance for nothing. Why were you charged with $170 though, have you had the phone less than 6 months?

Because that's the excess on claims. If you claim within the first 3 months it's ~$250

I was pretty lucky with mine... I was literally days away from cancelling the insurance, as I felt i was paying for something that I was never going to use... Last Wednesday, my iPhone was stolen out of my bag on the train (was standing in a packed train, didn't hear or feel a thing).

After frantically trying to find my phone I called it, where a 14 year old kid answered... called me i was a douche... told me HOW he stole my phone, then told me to get fucked... no shit, true story.

So, I went to the police station, they wrote a report, gave that to VF... my brand spanking new white 32GB iPhone 3GS will be here at the end of the week. $175 excess...

I tell you, paying $9.80 per month is tons better that having to fork out $1050 for a new handset or pay out the plan out right.

pretty happy.

Also can you guys look at my other thread, re: mobile me for my replacement iPhone... need some feedback.

Edited by 31imin8r