krispy89

Left 4 Dead 2

Just saw this this morning.

Refused classification, don't know what caused it to be refused.

Link

What are your thoughts?

Good might make them think twice about not supporting the original game with more content.

its probably they don't like people taking pills or some bs like that, it wouldn't be the gore just look at real horror games like dead space they got through the classification board.

edit: I was flicking through the classifications and saw bruno got through on a ma15+ what utter bull shit and they wont even pass a zombie game.

Edited by nesquick

OH

OH NOOO

P P P P P P P Pills here

Pills here

Pills here

Pills here

Good might make them think twice about not supporting the original game with more content.

its probably they don't like people taking pills or some bs like that, it wouldn't be the gore just look at real horror games like dead space they got through the classification board.

edit: I flicking through the classifications and saw bruno got through on a ma15+ what utter bull shit and they wont even pass a zombie game.

+1. Though this ban of L4D2 is a case of Double Standards.

This is just fucking retarded beyond belief!

Is there any chance I can buy it on Steam, but install with a pirated full version?

Is there any chance I can buy it on Steam, but install with a pirated full version?

Not quite.

Your best bet would be to buy an activation code off ebay -- that MAY work.

*sigh*

And other one bites the dust...

Why the ratings board can't just get their shit together is beyond me.

Not quite.

What about running steam through a ssh tunnel to US vps and then buying over steam? Edited by Timmmmmy

I don't know how steam works with giving a game as a gift, but would you be able to get someone in USA to buy it and give it as a gift to your account? I don't suppose gifted games get through regional lockouts?

"according to steams contracts I just read through they have to apply to australian classification laws so australian customers will not be allowed to buy it on steam either"

So... they'll apply for classification?

Isn't this what happens with every single game?

I'm calling hystericane. I'll place cash that there's an actual problem, but one that'll be solved and bypassed and without these news reports no-one would have known the difference.

*sigh*

And other one bites the dust...

Why the ratings board can't just get their shit together is beyond me.

It's Attorney General Atkinson that needs to get his shit together, not the Classification Board. The Board is limited by what the Attorneys General decide they can do. And a vote by the AGs to add a classification category must be unanimous. So the sensibleness of the Australian public is being held back by an old christian bigot.

Not quite.

What about running steam through a ssh tunnel to US vps and then buying over steam?

This is most likely what I'll be doing, or similar. Or just give my acc details to an american friend to buy it for me, and then I'll download it.

Would there be a point, though, considering I'll be one of the few that have it?

Not quite.

What about running steam through a ssh tunnel to US vps and then buying over steam?

This is most likely what I'll be doing, or similar. Or just give my acc details to an american friend to buy it for me, and then I'll download it.

Would there be a point, though, considering I'll be one of the few that have it?

Organise a bunch of people to do it as well?