krispy89

Left 4 Dead 2

it's not a final decision

it's a decision based on a Release Candidate of the game

EA will pull strings, and the game will be modified.

it's just media hype.

it's not a final decision

it's a decision based on a Release Candidate of the game

EA will pull strings, and the game will be modified.

it's just media hype.

EA is merely a retail publisher, so fingers should be pointed at Valve instead.

Edited by Blue Fire

Lalalalah piracy, it's so much fun for you and me, playing naughty games for free, because our pollies are cunts in trees.

*Sung to the tune of Sodomy, one of the songs in Meet The Feebles

He he he, made me chuckle. I love that film. You'll never see muppets the same way again!

Thanks, hadn't seen that, Good Game has improved a great deal since I last watched it!

But anyway, it's Atkinson again avoiding the actual debate here. Incorrectly discredits the poll, avoiding the question about appropriate labelling helping parents buying decision. And still completely doesn't understand that games that _should_ in a lot of people's eyes be r18+ are being given an MA15+ rating instead, and that he's taking away choice from Australian Adults. I think the other guy is right tho, there will be an R18+ classification for games in Australia, but it will have to wait until Mr Atkinson is voted out or retires. Or if the anonymous internet makes good on it's threats of eliminating him, which would probably be a bad outcome for everyone.

I hear blinkers keep horses running in a straight line too ;-)

I can't help but chuckle at the footage of him playing Wii tennis. Talk about out of touch with the people.

EA have a stake in the game, they do care.

Still.. I'm kind of curious what the dev's can actually do?

I mean, the report seems to suggest they have an issue with "Beating Zombie's to death with Melee weapons".

That's kinda a core game play mechanic..

Of course, I'm still struggling to understand why it's ok blow a Zombie's head off with a shot gun.. but *not* ok to wack one with a bat?

I mean, the report seems to suggest they have an issue with "Beating Zombie's to death with Melee weapons".

Of course, I'm still struggling to understand why it's ok blow a Zombie's head off with a shot gun.. but *not* ok to wack one with a bat?

They might just need to make absolutely clear that the zombies are no longer human (where currently they are humans that have been 'infected'). Something along the lines of the green blood in Carmageddon?

I'm thinking it's probably the more horrific splatter that accompanies severing a head with a chainsaw or a katana that the OFLC has the issue with.

I'm thinking it's probably the more horrific splatter that accompanies severing a head with a chainsaw or a katana that the OFLC has the issue with.

yeah, cos we're more likely to start severing people's head off with a chainsaw after playing L4D2 than we are likely to start shooting people after playing L4D... -_-

Can't we just vote out Attorney General Atkinson or just get the hackers whom hacked the Rudd to hack Atkinson's Website/pc and leave threats?

yeah, cos we're more likely to start severing people's head off with a chainsaw after playing L4D2 than we are likely to start shooting people after playing L4D... -_-

Never said I agree with them. Just the wording of the report suggests that it's the Melee combat (combined with the locational damage) of the second that has given it the RC.

Michael Atkinson is fully behind the L4D2 boycott. He's doing everything in his power to send a message to Valve.

Michael Atkinson is fully behind the L4D2 boycott. He's doing everything in his power to send a message to Valve.

lol +1

The irony of all of this is that it's making our blood boil. It's probably only a matter of time before someone snaps at one of these idiotic politicians... (which will probably make things worse of course).

My email to the OFLC:

To Whom It May Concern,

I wish to complain about your recent refusal to classify the computer game ‘Left For Dead 2’.

While there is of course debate on whether or not Australia should have classifications for R 18+ rated games; the fact is that this is currently not the case. Begrudgingly, I accept that.

However, there is a clear precedent for ‘Left For Dead 2’ to be classified MA 15+ given that its predecessor received classification and there is little to differentiate the two in terms of game play and graphical realism.

Additionally it’s quite clearly cartoon humour of violence directed at zombies. Now, I for one have yet to see a real life zombie. When I do and we regard violence directed towards them as abhorrent; only then could I see a point behind your decision.

Name and address and contact number supplied.

Edited by Periander

I hate doddering old farts having power over something they have no idea about.. :/

He hears "game" he thinks "12yo kid whose never watch TV is the prime audience"

lol@the petitions and letters to OFLC

If they're not going to do jackshit after years of pressure from the consumers, experts and the billion dollar gaming industry, why the hell would they change their mind because of another whinge-fest from you and I?

The only chance we have is getting those fuckers replaced with someone who has a clue.

Edited by Oracle X

If it is dismemberment, that'll be hilarious given I can literally explode the skull of a female human being in Fallout 3, complete with bits of skull and brain and eyeballs going all over the joint.

If it is dismemberment, that'll be hilarious given I can literally explode the skull of a female human being in Fallout 3, complete with bits of skull and brain and eyeballs going all over the joint.

this is my real annoyance, that the ratings for games are so very inconsistant. i know Fallout 3 was refused classification initially because of the names for the in-game drugs, but i think changing the names back to what they were in fallout 1 and 2 was better anyway, helped unite the 3 games imo.

but they never even batted an eyelash at the gore, and now they are banning another game because of gore, that from the descriptions, isnt as gorey as in fallout 3, and isnt aimed at humans, unlike in fallout 3.

so either they are just fucking retards and are choosing games that they dont want in on a whim, or they have some serious issues regarding the consistancy of ratings handed out. in either case something needs to be done, but its something that no amount of letter writing can fix, not now at least.

unless we went right to the top, even then thats not gaurenteed either...

this is my real annoyance, that the ratings for games are so very inconsistant. i know Fallout 3 was refused classification initially because of the names for the in-game drugs, but i think changing the names back to what they were in fallout 1 and 2 was better anyway, helped unite the 3 games imo.

but they never even batted an eyelash at the gore, and now they are banning another game because of gore, that from the descriptions, isnt as gorey as in fallout 3, and isnt aimed at humans, unlike in fallout 3.

so either they are just fucking retards and are choosing games that they dont want in on a whim, or they have some serious issues regarding the consistancy of ratings handed out. in either case something needs to be done, but its something that no amount of letter writing can fix, not now at least.

unless we went right to the top, even then thats not gaurenteed either...

The thing with fallout is you can play it however you like, maximum gore or maximum brownie points style lol this may have had an affect on the thinking of the ratings board since L4D2 has non stop gore and there is no real way to get around it you must annihilate all zombies by whatever means are at your disposal which if one of those was the chainsaw for most of a level I can see why the board might get a bit iffy considering they are probably all old twats that should be retired by now and driving around in their 40ft caravans. Edited by nesquick

*sigh*

And other one bites the dust...

Why the ratings board can't just get their shit together is beyond me.

It's Attorney General Atkinson that needs to get his shit together, not the Classification Board. The Board is limited by what the Attorneys General decide they can do. And a vote by the AGs to add a classification category must be unanimous. So the sensibleness of the Australian public is being held back by an old christian bigot.

yep, fucking old cunt Atkinson

that was a terrific idea... hey! besides the fact that video games are generally played by teens and people in their twenties, let's get this decrepit 60 year old close minded fucker, who was born in the era of the typewrite, to pass judgement on whether or not a game is suitable for the youth of australia! if anyone knows their shit about games, it's him!

The thing with fallout is you can play it however you like, maximum gore or maximum brownie points style lol this may have had an affect on the thinking of the ratings board since L4D2 has non stop gore and there is no real way to get around it you must annihilate all zombies by whatever means are at your disposal which if one of those was the chainsaw for most of a level I can see why the board might get a bit iffy considering they are probably all old twats that should be retired by now and driving around in their 40ft caravans.

Not all of them.

I will buy it, but only if:

- Has a Perk system

- Tougher zombies than before.*

- Newer weapons*

- Customize our heros in looks

- A versus where a Tank is actually going to be like awesome ( was cool till patch made the versus level normal so the tank was not as scary ).

- A chance for different pathing and area based upon Director AI.*

- Possibly a chance for L4D1 campaigns that was modded EASILY portable to L4D2 campaigns.

- Use vehicles.

- Be able to rescue other survivors NPC's and get them geared up and they can help you fight against the Zombie horde!!!

- Not be able to just pick up ammo and have easily stocked it up.

- Chance to use heroes on L4D1 on L4D2*

- A story on L4D2.

- Remove the unlimited pistol ammo part.

Still unsure about the rest but its not a big list is it? Only the one with * I think I know is on L4D2.

But I feel sorry for everyone not being able to buy locally L4D2 in Australia, but could you get it from overseas? Too bad that there might not be any local servers tho. If not it'll be bargain bin in Australia next year :D. And the fact that I'd wait till it'd be on a 50% discount :p.