krispy89

Left 4 Dead 2

dismemberment? decapitation from chainsaws, katanas? intestines spilling out? good god, have these fucking classification morons not heard of Killing Floor? talking about ignorance, these fucktards don't know what's going on

yeah, Killing floor is great, and you can use neat melee weapons.

get blood and guts everywhere

The ABC radio show PM had a segment about the L4D2 ban this evening.

You can get it HERE

Transcript apparently to arrive HERE soon

It's ridiculous "I don't think", he's got no idea :(

Its funny how Fallout 3 was initially refused due to the drug names, yet GTA China Town wars has a full Drug Trading Style minigame in it, complete with cannabis, heroin, cocaine, speed, acid etc.

Its funny how Fallout 3 was initially refused due to the drug names, yet GTA China Town wars has a full Drug Trading Style minigame in it, complete with cannabis, heroin, cocaine, speed, acid etc.

Its very hit and miss or one rule for one game another rule for another game. Its sporadic to say the least.

Valve Appeals L4D2 Rating

In short: They want it rated MA15+ same as old game.

From reading the comments, it sounds alot more gory than L4D1. This might be why the classifications MA15+ cant really be applied. I havent seen any video clips to verify this, but I dont think L4D1 ever has any limb decapitation, just lots of blood splatter, and with ragdoll death.

Funnily enough KF has decapitation and dismemberment. I'm starting to think that ChayotHaKadesh is right as L4D2 is a pretty high profile game. Could Valve just add a secret switch to disable the decapitation and dismemberment? :p. And through secret coding we can turn it on ;).

God politicians are so stupid sometimes, playing out violence in a game will not make people a mass murder, the statistics are there to prove it in countries that have the R18 rating and access to weapons ect and since gun control is so big in this country its not like we will become another USA with thousands of shooting deaths each year because guns are so easy to get a hold of.

+1 Nesquick.

On top of that, simulated violence is nowhere near as horriffic as real-life violence is/can be.

Well at least this senator has a genuine concern for young kids playing these games and are trying to protect their innocence and sensitivity by making it harder for them to experience simulated violence but the problem is us older gamers have to suffer because of it...

Edited by nesquick

It wouldn't be such a problem if parents were more responsible, and of course people in retail stores were forced to ID-check any questionable looking people before the purchase of an R-rated game.

Parents are far more afraid of an R-rating than they are of an MA-rating, too... which I assume hasn't been taken into consideration by this uptight cockhead over in SA.

If a game had an R-rating on it with something like 'Extreme graphic violence' (something a little more explanatory to drill into potential unresponsible parents' heads that it's not suitable for their child), they'd no doubt think twice about buying a game like that for their kid.

Jesus tap dancing christ. I.. just.. what.. gahh....

Every single time. EVERY GOD DAMN TIME THERE'S A GAME I'M ACTUALLY ANTICIPATING.

The OFLC has to fuck it all up for everyone...

For fucks sake.

I'm out. I'm not playing anymore, this game is sick. nope, sorry. I'm handing in my G5, and I think I'm gonna start knitting. this.. this is just sick. I can't believe you people. Why would you subject yourself to this?? It's fucking disgusting!??!!! GOODBYE!!

Edited by sexbox

Jesus tap dancing christ. I.. just.. what.. gahh....

Every single time. EVERY GOD DAMN TIME THERE'S A GAME I'M ACTUALLY ANTICIPATING.

The OFLC has to fuck it all up for everyone...

For fucks sake.

I'm out. I'm not playing anymore, this game is sick. nope, sorry. I'm handing in my G5, and I think I'm gonna start knitting. this.. this is just sick. I can't believe you people. Why would you subject yourself to this?? It's fucking disgusting!??!!! GOODBYE!!

you know the advantage of having a computer is uncle torence lets you play games that would otherwise be impossible to buy in this country :P

for the record I buy all my games and software but for something like this I think they would only have the members of the ratings board to blame for people getting the game by other means.

yeah, but L4D2 is primarily an online game, so while you could download the files, you wouldn't be able to play online.

Edited by smadge1

yeah, but L4D2 is primarily an online game, so while you could download the files, you wouldn't be able to play online.

Wouldn't bet on that. Within a couple of weeks of release I bet there will be workarounds out there for all and sundry.

Wouldn't bet on that. Within a couple of weeks of release I bet there will be workarounds out there for all and sundry.

It's inevitable.