krispy89

Left 4 Dead 2

Doesn't the latest Wolfenstein game allow you to maim, decapitate and dismember with a hand axe?

This represents ACTUAL people (albeit Nazi people)...not infected zombies for fucks sake!

And it's rated MA15+.

Fucked up double-standards.

Edited by hectorbustnuts

I really don't understand what went down.

They modified the game, probably by removing all the "Strong Bloody Violence"

Given that, as you point out, the game is rated MA15+ for "Strong Bloody Violence," they didn't remove all the "strong bloody violence." Rather, they simply removed the violence that was strong and bloody enough to put it into the "RC" category.

At the MA15+ level, "strong bloody violence" basically means "a few squirts of tomato sauce".

I'm importing.

At the MA15+ level, "strong bloody violence" basically means "a few squirts of tomato sauce".

I'm importing.

I'll be doing the same.

I'm totally comfortable that there will be a workaround released in a very short time frame. Even if it was "Buy the censored game, download the full content, add a pinch of script, serve" - I reckon it can happen, and whats more, our friend in south aussie wont be able to do a thing about it.

And of course the irony of it all is, the 12 year olds will be able to do it just as easily as the rest of us.

R rating and parenting, anyone?

Doesn't the latest Wolfenstein game allow you to maim, decapitate and dismember with a hand axe?

<youtube vid>

This represents ACTUAL people (albeit Nazi people)...not infected zombies for fucks sake!

And it's rated MA15+.

Fucked up double-standards.

lovely things, double standards are :P

seriously though, its just retarded that they let some through without it being modded, and then other, more violent games get through no problem.

Sooo just to be clear. If I pre-purchase now on Steam, I'm getting the gimped version suitable for 15 year old pussies and 60 year old senile OFLC farts?

Thanks but... NEEEEEEEEEEXT!

Edited by Oracle X

I just want to be able to play with my steam friends without any hitches, it doesn't really bother me that much since its still a pretty blood thirsty kind of game.

Keep in mind this is not Valves fault and I don't think the steam hate is justified, they are just doing what they are required to do by law.

Edited by nesquick

Anyone interested in splitting a 4 pack of L4D? If my math is correct, it works out to be about $38AUD a copy.

Maybe... but I'd be waiting at least until the 22nd to see whether the appeal somehow miraculously works first.

Anyone interested in splitting a 4 pack of L4D? If my math is correct, it works out to be about $38AUD a copy.

Yea if you do the buying I will.

I'm totally comfortable that there will be a workaround released in a very short time frame. Even if it was "Buy the censored game, download the full content, add a pinch of script, serve" - I reckon it can happen, and whats more, our friend in south aussie wont be able to do a thing about it.

And of course the irony of it all is, the 12 year olds will be able to do it just as easily as the rest of us.

I very much doubt that it would be that easy. Would probably have to be some kind of DLC to "unlock" the non-Michael Atkinson version of the game.

Reason I guess that, is after the Hot Coffee incident, I doubt the OFLC would look to kindly to a game that was shipped but the "naughty" bits were only coded out.

Modifying the game so the you have access to the full content could be picked up as a hack by VAC.

Does it really matter if you don't get as much blood all over the walls? isn't the idea just to have fun with 4 or 8 friends regardless of whats on the wall?

Modifying the game so the you have access to the full content could be picked up as a hack by VAC.

Ye so the ones desperate for the banned content will use a no-steam hack and either play SP or LAN only or play with friends over Hamachi.