Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
rokape

sharing isp access simultaneously is it possible ?

1 room has my PS3 neworked through CAT 6 and a Billion 7500g router the other room is where my main rig is set up on a Netgear router.

Can I have my PS3 access the interweb throught the Billion whilst I get ganked playing WoW on the Netgear? Both rooms have phone lines.

cheers in advance

:)

you can set up one router as your gateway, and just use the other as a switch. Unfortunately, you can't have two modems connected to the phone line, so you can't have both set up as gateway routers. Your best option is to run a network cable from which ever you set up as the gateway to one of the network ports (not the WAN port) on the other one, and disable it's dhcp server.

you can set up one router as your gateway, and just use the other as a switch. Unfortunately, you can't have two modems connected to the phone line, so you can't have both set up as gateway routers. Your best option is to run a network cable from which ever you set up as the gateway to one of the network ports (not the WAN port) on the other one, and disable it's dhcp server.

hmm

ah well, looks like I'll be doing a cable run

ty for the info

:)