iamthemaxx

Computer Store Comparison - online and physical

I just had a win with both PC Case Gear and i-store.

Both had the equipment packed and shipped same day, and I received it all 2 days later.

Excellent stuff. :)

I've also never really used computer repairers, so I wouldn't know who's who there, but I don't see any reason you couldn't add good experiences with computer retailers of all kinds in here. :)

Edited by Chaos.Lady

For buying parts the only way to go is Computer Alliance.

As far as servicing goes there all far to expensive, I guess its good I work for one of them so I don't have to pay someone to fix it haha

For buying parts the only way to go is Computer Alliance.

As far as servicing goes there all far to expensive, I guess its good I work for one of them so I don't have to pay someone to fix it haha

Hmmm *bookmarked*.

They seem quite competitive to what I've seen, and have an excellent range.

Thanks! :)

Edited by Chaos.Lady

LOL. Yeah, while "cheapest" is always a concern, I'm always a little hesitant about using stores I don't know since "cheapest" can also mean "you won't get your goods for 2 weeks and they'll be packed in flimsy black plastic with no bubble wrap and something will be wrong with them". :)

Recommendations are always the best way of finding good stores I've found, which is why I've now bookmarked the store you suggested. :)

For me this time when I was deciding who to go through I looked around and PC Case Gear has a great name which is why I used them this time for the bulk of my purchase and they came through great. i-store I hadn't used before but was the only one I could find that had the card I wanted in stock at a reasonable price. Fortunately they also came through for me as well, and seemed quite okay - although there was a lack of communication which disturbed me a little. PCCG sent multiple mails out about the order whereas i-store didn't. Ended up all good though! :D

Edited by Chaos.Lady

MSY.com.au hasn't failed me so far.

And for the best web searcher for PC parts sorted by price, shopbot.com.au

MSY.com.au hasn't failed me so far.

But oh dear LORD their website is appalling.

I've heard lots of good things about MSY over the years, but never bought anything from them because I could never find anything I was actually looking for.

And for the best web searcher for PC parts sorted by price, shopbot.com.au

So you havnt herd of staticice.com.au ?

You should try it and compare.

We go to MSY usually. IT Estate were good but we haven't gone there in 2.5 years. Believe it or not, Officeworks have been really cheap for external hard drives. If we can wait a week or so for delivery, we also go direct to the big IT suppliers as Spent has a registered business.

As for repairs? Nup. If it's under warranty it gets sent back and replaced. Otherwise we just buy a new one.

Spent is also very good with soldering and making custom cords if the one he requires either isn't available or is too expensive.

Edited by SacrificialNewt

MSY to buy my goods and Static Ice to price check.

The only way to go.

Everything gets repaired by moi.

Edited by twinair

Protip: Don't get shit delivered. Place your order, pick it up, pay cash.

Not only do you get it sooner, you aren't leaving your pricey tech in the hands of AusPost the Barbarians.

Protip: Don't get shit delivered. Place your order, pick it up, pay cash.

Not only do you get it sooner, you aren't leaving your pricey tech in the hands of AusPost the Barbarians.

Ummm, great advice if you live in a capitol city.

Try getting decent parts at a decent price out here in the sticks... :(

Edited by Chaos.Lady

Core blimey, you've got legs!

@ladydaywalker - Just curious, as otherwise the price is sort of irrelevant, what was the problem and what did they do to fix it?

@ladydaywalker - Just curious, as otherwise the price is sort of irrelevant, what was the problem and what did they do to fix it?

And what mobo was it?

Core blimey, you've got legs!

I've got a car too. But the fuel and time cost to spend 6-7 hours round trip to Sydney and back to pick up parts is ridiculous. And getting parts in Newy is impossible if you a. know what you want b. want decent parts and c. want them at a cost that is in any way vaguely reasonable.

This is my first time on a forum like this but I had to tell someone who cares that I FINALLY had a win with a little PC shop in Brisbane...I went everywhere to get a repair on my mobo but noone seemed to know what was wrong. They kept telling me it was fine. So I tried the little PC shop in Alderley, North of the city, and OMG they fixed it for $85! Least these boys arnt affraid to pull things apart and spend time helping a gal out!!! Thx boyz u rock xoxox

$85, most likely the price of a new motherboard ;)

Ummm the price of a new mobo, but not labor to actually put it in place.

If it was a mobo change, she got a very good deal.

If it was just a dodgy card of some sort or a dodgy HDD the labor would be much less.

My guess is HDD replacement. :)