Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Voney

Any awesome bosses need an awesome employee?

Hi Atomic,

Like the title says, I need a job. In fact I need a job badly, I've been without work for 4 weeks now and things are starting to get tight.

I had been waiting out on an awesome job with Motorolla but got the call today that I didn't get it.

Sooooo, I'm asking here to see if anyone is on the lookout for a worker who knows what they're on about and isn't afraid of learning new things. I've been working in various positions in IT for the last 4 years and have a whole bunch of random Geek experience from messing about at home.

If anyone's interested in getting more detailed info, post here or PM me and I'll send you a copy of my CV, or just ask me and I'll do my best to answer.

Cheers,

Voney

Edit: I'm in Sydney, but an fully willing to move for the right job.

Edited by Voney

Helps when you add a location.

Whoops, sorry forgot this forum does not show location.

Why are you out of work? Did you quit or were you fired? Serious answer, the answer has a bearing on my next response.

I'm out of work because my last employer lost a couple of key contracts and had to "downsize" the NOC, I was a contractor and the most recent person to be hired so I was the first (but definitely not last) to go.

I'll second 1shots advice that you should have gone right straight into Centrelink.

Given the time frame that it can sometimes take to get your payment off the ground, and the fact that your benefit only starts from the day you get in contact isn't going to help your current financial situation.

End of the day, Centrelink doesn't care if you're on benefit for two weeks and then have to cancel your payment because you find work.

If you were laid off, you should've gone to Centrelink straight away. As to your original question, I don't have any work for you.

You may be right, but I don't like the idea of bludging off the government so I've waited until now to call them, I have an appointment tomorrow.

If anyone's interested here's a quick rundown of my last few years employment (in reverse chronological order).

- NOC Technician at Ericsson, monitored and managed issues to resolution on multiple WAN networks including Unwired's Sydney network and the Commander voice and DATA national backbone.

- Tier 2 Technical support at Unwired Australia, managed technical and complaint escalations, dealt with TIO on regular basis and was responsible for coaching/training and day to day managing a team of Universal CSRs.

- Tier 1 Technical Support (Universal CSR) at Unwired Australia, supporting Win98se and up as well as OSX and various mail clients, as well as billing and customer relations queries.

- Computer Techni-Sales / Supervisor at MSY Technology Ultimo, built and fixed more computers than I care to remember as well as general sales and dealing with customer complaints/Fair Trade.

Cheers,

Voney

You may be right, but I don't like the idea of bludging off the government so I've waited until now to call them, I have an appointment tomorrow.

If you're out of work through no fault of your own, receiving welfare payments from the agency tasked with helping you isn't bludging. Hell, I earn >$60k pa and I'm still getting >$100 a week from the government.

Good luck getting another job. No level 1 jobs around?

There are, and I've been applying for them. But I figured I'd ask here as well because I like the idea of working with other atomicans, and I figured someone here may be more likely to give me a go instead of just tossing my resume out because I have heaps of experience but no formal qualifications.