Director

Microsoft anti virus now out.

if you're the only one using the PC and you KNOW what you're running, just use windows firewall, it does the job.

If however idiots\younglings use the PC too, then i'd go comodo. It also protects the registry

looks ok, and well free so thats good, will give it a shot

as for firewall, well i havent used a firewall since i got adsl last year, my router does the job fine, no intrusions since then.

Heh, I installed it on a W7 test box without uninstalling trend micro first, now trend micro won't uninstall. Yay.

Blame Trend Micro for that. Just delete It kill and services and remove the registry entrys.

TISSupprt in the Program Files/Trend Micro/Internet Security Directory will do a forced uninstall.

Trying Security Essentials out, doesn't seem too bad.

Edited by 80proof

It looks to be pretty good. If it starts shipping with windows, or is suggested through WU, and people who don't generally use antivirus software are protected, it would be a good thing.

WHat is strange is the decision to not allow pirated versions of Windows to use the software, it doesn't make much sense.

It looks to be pretty good. If it starts shipping with windows, or is suggested through WU, and people who don't generally use antivirus software are protected, it would be a good thing.

WHat is strange is the decision to not allow pirated versions of Windows to use the software, it doesn't make much sense.

Yeah right as if the [u]"EU" or "DOJ" won't get their knickers in a knot [/u]about it being "Bundled" its a fantastic idea "if the software works" I'm all for it.

Peach out

super geek

I'm very happy, uses less resources then my last AV (free-av.de), and seems to not even slow the system down on a full test.

I'm impressed. I removed Avira (which is my fave) and put on the Microsoft one.

Doesn't seem to impeded the speed of OS and doesn't bob up with too many useless annoying false alarms as well.