NathanJC

Wireless broadband ZTE MF633BP+ usb modem

Hi,

I currently have a wireless broadband ZTE MF633BP+ usb modem from Telstra. I am trying to get this working with Windows 7 (Build 7600) however, I don't think the drivers are compatible. I have called Telstra technical support but they say Windows 7 isn't supported yet and they cannot help at the moment – try using Vista or XP. I have even extracted the sorftware from the modem and tried to install it using compaibility mode – the software installs fine, however the drivers never install correctly.

Does anyone have a workaround for getting a ZTE MF633BP+ usb modem working under Windows 7?

Thanks in advance.

If you are real lucky you can get out of your Telslut contract because of lack of support. Then you can go with any of the fair priced companies out there ( which means anyone but Telstra). But they are right about windows 7 for the most part new hardware will run fine with it, but every now and then you will hit a snag.

Whats it doing? I have My Maxcom working. Tell us and I might be able to help.

Hi,

I currently have a wireless broadband ZTE MF633BP+ usb modem from Telstra. I am trying to get this working with Windows 7 (Build 7600) however, I don't think the drivers are compatible. I have called Telstra technical support but they say Windows 7 isn't supported yet and they cannot help at the moment – try using Vista or XP. I have even extracted the sorftware from the modem and tried to install it using compaibility mode – the software installs fine, however the drivers never install correctly.

Does anyone have a workaround for getting a ZTE MF633BP+ usb modem working under Windows 7?

Thanks in advance.

Got an alternative way of connecting to the net? If so I would connect the modem and then run a manual windows update making sure optional and recommended updates are selected. This might turn up a Microsoft driver to suit the modem. As far as the 3G connect software goes if it is not compatible with Win7 then you are probably boned till Telstra get off the arses and do something about it, which is unlikely to happen till Win7 is out for a few months or so (going on how long it took them to bring out Vista software for 3G connections).

Well I know for a fact that Bigponds latest revision of there 3g connection software works on windows 7 as I run it for a maxcon 7.2 card. Even if the bigpond dosent pick it up on the install all we need to do it worry about is extracting the drivers from the install package and installing them manually there are ways to get the connection software to work.

Well I know for a fact that Bigponds latest revision of there 3g connection software works on windows 7 as I run it for a maxcon 7.2 card. Even if the bigpond dosent pick it up on the install all we need to do it worry about is extracting the drivers from the install package and installing them manually there are ways to get the connection software to work.

The software working on a Maxcon card doesn't imply it has drivers for a ZTE card. The drivers are the challenge - the 3G software isn't even required, generally.

Err it does imply that it does have drivers for that card as its asked in the installation process. I just checked with a college of mine and he has this card on his HP mini that he got from tech ed with the ZTE MF633BP working on windows 7.

The problem with Win7 and the MF633BP (if you look at the Zte logfile in the windows directory) is with how ZTE have the 'drivers' folder arranged in the 'Telstra Turbo Connection Manager' folder.

The folder structure is this:

drivers

--->32bit

------>VISTA

------>WINXP

--->64bit

------>VISTA

------>WINXP

During installation, the installer seems to check your OS and then go to 'c:\program files\telstra turbo connection manager\drivers\<32bit or 64bit>\<os>\', unfortunately for Win7 there is no '<os>' folder.

The most basic solution for ZTE would be to either change the installer so that it recognises Win7 as being VISTA (since Win7 works 100% with all vista drivers) or create a new WIN7 folder which basically has all the Vista drivers in it.

Edited by mudg3