tyno

Light Gaming Rig

I'm a genius, while looking at umart to get a price quote for shipping and everything I accidentally, while thinking I was just going to be taken to the payment options to get some prices of that it said my order is being processed and I got an email telling me of another email thats about to be sent with postage cost. So now I think I have an order coming for me when I just wanted a quote I am not sure if there is anyway I can cancel my request now and I sure don't want to have this stuff delivered, does anyone know if they will do that or will they wait for my confirmation of postage payment choice?

well couriers don't work on weekends so phone milton first thing monday morning and they will sort it out for you.

I apologise, should have said "rumoured to be coming out before then".

I hate you! /wrists

WHY THE HELL DID YOU BUY A COOLERMASTER PSU WHEN THERE ARE BETTER PSU'S FOR THE SAME PRICE.

GODDAMMIT.

because superfireydave there seems to be this misconception around the interwebz (probably spread by whirlpool) that coolermaster make really good psu's when in fact we all know that to be the opposite.

Cooler Master make some fine PSUs, the eXtreme line is actually good when compared with a lot of the no-name brands.

But with the 650Wer we run into a bit of a problem. For starters there's no listed combined max for the +12V rail(s). Hopefully that means the two rails advertised as 18A a piece can simply be added together, to make a 430W +12V max load. No way to be sure though without proper testing, which no-one has done.

And you'll have just noticed that at best it's got 430W on the +12V rails. That's the same as the Silverstone 500Wers which can be had under $90, and only 2A more than the thoroughly testing and highly approved EarthWatts 500W, and only 3A away from the well reviewed Corsair VX-450 as well. All of those are the same price or cheaper, and tested to do what they say without any performance issues.

So yeah, in this case the eXtreme 650W (which is really more of a 500W PSU) is pretty poor value.

Cooler Master make some fine PSUs, the eXtreme line is actually good when compared with a lot of the no-name brands.

Oh, I'm sure they're fine.

But as you said, for the same price you can get much better in terms of quality and value. That's why I don't understand why you'd buy one - especially where people in this very thread have recommended superior ones. /sigh

lol tantryl I knew you would come in and say something like that, my statement comes down to personal preference and experience antec and corsair have never failed me and in one case the old antec smart power i had saved my computer from some kind of minor surge although it had to be replaced after that.

I didn't expect to be this far back on the forums pages but I guess everything moves fast these days, I have ordered my computer after some delays with banking and being sick for a few days but I finally got round to it. I have ordered everything from IT Estate and expect to be getting my parts soon so I have been looking at how building a computer should be done, of course I'll have my dad's help but I will be building this as my first system with every component.

When it's all running I wanted to post how its running before letting this thread be consumed by the ever growing number of other threads. The point of this is to hopefully help other people if they can be bothered reading it all so there is less new threads of "help me build a PC" like this one. I will get some average FPS in a few settings and scores for comparison. I'll also attempt to overclock at stock cooling and then later on an aftermarket cooler if I can be bothered to post it later to see temps and how high I can get my CPU to run safely.