Forum upgrade is live! Read more... ×
Rion

[BNE] A different kind of walk

Well it combines two things the Brisbanauts have started an affection for; zombies and walking. Put them together and you get a zombie walk! Thanks to greycat for reminding me of the 4th annual zombiewalk event in Brisbane on Sunday the 25th of October. It will be starting at 3pm at the Roma St Parklands and ends at Centenary Place on Ann St. Not a huge walk but it should be rather eventful. Its all for charity and there is even an afterparty if one is so inclined. Come for the zombies, stay for the zombie party, stay... forever.

More information is available at: http://www.brisbanezombiewalk.com

Greycat and I are in. Who else wants to walk the walk?

Just my opinion, but this would be an awesome chance to get a L4D group on film fleeing a pack of zombies.

I concur. Good idea Jedi. So then who gets to be Bill, Francis, Louis and Zoey?

Edited by Rion

Maaaybe. First night back at work after days off so would be no sleep that day and leaving reasonably early.

Does sound like fun though.

Now, must make sure to get a few chunks of liver and tripe for "costuming" purposes. :{D

Edited by Elfarch

Is it too soon after the whole racism thing for me to have blackface for a Louis costume?

I'm considering going, for Charity, but also for the possibility of drunken Zombie shambling fun.

I'm thinking we might just leave the whole Louis thing alone...

I was thinking of zombie Samurai as I have an old training Gi and Hakama I can stain with blood (or red as it were). However being a large Caucasian I doubt it would look right in CBD Brisbane. Maybe.

Let me put on my Brisbanian translator gogglez...

Effort, expectations, rotting flesh, poon.

Just my opinion, but this would be an awesome chance to pike

Definitely not. First night back at work after days off so would be no sleep that day and leaving reasonably early.

Does sound like fun though. But... pike.

It'd be a good chance to try out my pike. <snigger>

I'm there. In your dreams :D

Topical comment! I'm considering going, for Charity, but also for the possibility of drunken Zombie shambling fun. Pity I'll pike.

You could just show up and take some photos segger. It won't be a 9km walk after all :P

LOL you captured the true essence of BrisAtomica there, seg :-)

So is that a yes or a no? :P Come on... zombies!

Oh no, I'm pretty sure I'll be there :-)

Only if I find the time to put together a costume, though. If I can get that sorted, I will be there with bells.

Only if I find the time to put together a costume, though. If I can get that sorted, I will be there with bells.

Zombies don't wear bells. Only humans do so that way the zombies know when to be summoned to dinner :P I'm not even gonna be here this weekend/half of next week and I should be able to get a costume done... I think... No piking is permitted, except Girvo because it's his thing :P

Zombies don't wear bells. Only humans do so that way the zombies know when to be summoned to dinner :P I'm not even gonna be here this weekend/half of next week and I should be able to get a costume done... I think... No piking is permitted, except Girvo because it's his thing :P

The friend I'm going with/bringing with us, I tried to make her wear a bell recently but she rebelled..

It's a long story.

By the way, I'll be there.

The friend I'm going with/bringing with us, I tried to make her wear a bell recently but she rebelled..

It's a long story.

Was this for some kind of zombie related activity?

It's a long story.

Actually no. I had promised to give her a bell when I got to the valley. So I did.

It's a long story.

Actually no. I had promised to give her a bell when I got to the valley. So I did.

Who is more literal than greycat? Nobody! Well maybe, but not in Brisbane anyway!

How much effort are people putting into their Zombie outfits?

If I show up as a "Survivor" aka, in normal garb but with a horrified expression on my face, is that still cool?

Zombies don't wear bells. Only humans do so that way the zombies know when to be summoned to dinner :P

No no, I know :-p Bells for the humans, be assured :-)

edit:

How much effort are people putting into their Zombie outfits?

Good question. Is anybody working to a theme (nurse, bride, overcome scientist) or just going more low-key? Edited by elvenwhore

Well I scrapped my zombie Samurai idea. I have decided to go with a Grecian/Olympus theme for myself. If Marvel can do a zombie issue where the mightiest beings on earth are zombies, so can the Olympians be zombies. Aeres/Mars as a zombie... it could work.

Edited by Rion

Costume is a go, inspired by a fairytale character ('inspired by' only; hey, limited selection at the local op shop, but I did my best). I do have to get to work with scissors, razor blades, some paints and hair dye (hey, I've gotta do it anyway, and it'll be the right colour) and, of course, accessorise, but the trickiest part ("yikes, will the Salvos have anything I can use?!") is done.

I hope! :-)