Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
motiv

So my partner just got fired

Trust me, its VERY illegal to not pay someone Superannuation man. The Govt will tear you a new arsehole for not doing it.

It's VERY legal.

So what does compulsory mean??

But you are right in a way. If you are self employed, you do not have to pay yourself super.

Rob

Yes you do Sir. Many contractors here in ACT work in IT and they all need to pay their own super (the idae is that its covered in their pay of course).

So what does compulsory mean??

It mean's that in most case's, employer's must pay they're employee's superannuation. Not alway's, however.

Edited by 1shot1kill

Yes, they have to pay her. Call the Fair Work Ombudsman:

http://www.fwo.gov.au/Pages/default.aspx

Get her to fill them in on the situation, and tell them what kind of shit these guys were getting up to. They'll chase the company down over any dodgy work practices, and they'll advise her on the best way for her to proceed, if there's anything they can't do on her behalf. The ombud is very good - a friend of mine just set them on his old employer after a similar story to yours, and they're in the process of fucking them up the arse.

Don't let these kind of bullies get away with it. They only keep doing it because people think it won't be worth the bother and let it go.

Yes, they have to pay her. Call the Fair Work Ombudsman:

http://www.fwo.gov.au/Pages/default.aspx

Get her to fill them in on the situation, and tell them what kind of shit these guys were getting up to. They'll chase the company down over any dodgy work practices, and they'll advise her on the best way for her to proceed, if there's anything they can't do on her behalf. The ombud is very good - a friend of mine just set them on his old employer after a similar story to yours, and they're in the process of fucking them up the arse.

Don't let these kind of bullies get away with it. They only keep doing it because people think it won't be worth the bother and let it go.

TOP STUFF.

I have talked to my partner and we are going to screw this company up. 30 years of dodgy operations.

Lets see what this little guy can do.

Rob.

I just dislike company's who treat their employees like crap

The following is prolly 1shot's fault...

When you pluralise a word ending in y, you (EDIT: almost always) swap it for ie... and save the apostrophes for possessives and contractions.

I rolled my car yesterday and it ended up on it's roof. How's that?

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Apostrophes

I just dislike company's who treat their employees like crap

The following is prolly 1shot's fault...

When you pluralise a word ending in y, you (EDIT: almost always) swap it for ie... and save the apostrophes for possessives and contractions.

I rolled my car yesterday and it ended up on it's roof. How's that?

There is no apostrophe for the word it when used as a possessive. It's an exception.

There is no apostrophe for the word it when used as a possessive. It's an exception.

Now, I'm confused. One persons telling, me that we use apostrophe's for possession's and contraction's, and when I do that, I get toled that I'm wrong. Which, is it?

Now, I'm confused. One persons telling, me that we use apostrophe's for possession's and contraction's, and when I do that, I get toled that I'm wrong. Which, is it?

You do not use apostrophes for plurals.

Correct: three dogs

Incorrect: three dog's

You DO use apostrophes for contractions and possessives.

Correct: what's in there?

Incorrect: whats in there?

Correct: Jim's car

Incorrect: Jims car

HOWEVER when it comes to using the word it as a possessive, it follows the same rule as the words "his, yours, hers" etc.

Correct: he shook the jar, causing its contents to fall to the floor.

Incorrect: he shook the jar, causing it's contents to fall to the floor.

Edited by kamerong

Can everyone stop playing 1Shot's little game? He knows perfectly well how to use an apostrophe, he's just trolling. Ignore him, he'll get bored and go back shouting at passing children.

Can everyone stop playing 1Shot's little game? He knows perfectly well how to use an apostrophe, he's just trolling. Ignore him, he'll get bored and go back shouting at passing children.

Sorry. Haven't been here for long so I had no idea if he was being serious or not. I initially thought someone had hijacked his account or something.

Sorry. Haven't been here for long so I had no idea if he was being serious or not. I initially thought someone had hijacked his account or something.

No worries, our 1Shot just likes to stir the pot sometimes. I don't think he has enough hobbies.

It’s amazing how few people offered correction's, though'. Most people both don’t know and couldn’t give a rats' arse or they could and go one a crying spree. Some cared, many didn't. Of those that did care, some gave incorrect corrections. The use of a spelling checker was suggested, but spelling checkers can't be re lied up on. And yes, aye used a spelling checker to cheque the spelling off this post. The only problems are the words arse and cheque.

Glad to hear you'll be indulging in some bumrape. I've heard so many stories of this nature which is really quite surprising.

Glad to hear you'll be indulging in some bumrape. I've heard so many stories of this nature which is really quite surprising.

It's be cause alot of people just don't no there writes when it comes to employ meant.

It’s amazing how few people offered correction's, though'. Most people both don’t know and couldn’t give a rats' arse or they could and go one a crying spree. Some cared, many didn't. Of those that did care, some gave incorrect corrections. The use of a spelling checker was suggested, but spelling checkers can't be re lied up on. And yes, aye used a spelling checker to cheque the spelling off this post. The only problems are the words arse and cheque.

As I said in the other thread.. Your posts are still coherent. It is not a dissimilar phenomena to that with incorrectly ordered letters in a word.

You're still readable.

Dude you crack me up.

To the OP, don't take this shit lying down, i'm sure these tossers are used to people just giving up. Take em' for all they got!!