Sign in to follow this  
bickas

Dragon Age:Origins

Fuck you DLC, I just want to play already...

but I want my 'free' stuff too. :'(

Whats wrong with the DLC? I just bought the steam digital deluxe edition, trying to download now, its gonna take forever, 15gb ftl -.- Fuck digital distribution in aus.

Whats wrong with the DLC? I just bought the steam digital deluxe edition, trying to download now, its gonna take forever, 15gb ftl -.- Fuck digital distribution in aus.

It was probably just a case of everything that could go wrong did go wrong for me. They want you to log into their site to get the content in game (ie not through steam). So then I had to fuck around to work out what the hell my EA account was. My EA account then told me I wasn't allowed to have the user name I wanted so I then had to work out what the hell my Bioware account was (which luckily had the username I did want) and then link the two accounts together. Then I went to input the cd keys for the code into the website and it started spitting errors at me till a few refreshes later it finally decided that the codes were fine apart from the last steam key which it doesn't seem to want to have a bar of (I have no idea what that key links to but it better not be something like the sword of a thousand truths). So now after spending all night downloading the game I get to sit and twiddle my thumbs again while I wait for the DLC to finish.

I'm stabbing the first NPC I find in the face.

man, how the $&*k do you guys get the do the digital dist anyways? even on the nicest broadband deal ive had its been a 20gig cap... unless your on a cable unlimited link, digital distro is dead in AUS!.

goes to show how far were behind the curve in Oz. Iam bloody paying 39 bucks a month for 5 gigs.. go figure...

Hmm, stick dvd in drive, wait 10 mins, and your playing.

Bit the bullet and got DA DDE last night and pre-loaded over night. Had to restart steam to get the decryption done but fired it up to have a quick look before work. Nice so far. Will have to give it a good thrashing tonight when I get home.

I work for an ISP so all my downloads are belong to me and free! Digital Distribution rocks my world.

EDIT:

Seems DA is only preloaded on 2 Australian Content Servers and for the life of me cannot seem to get a response from Game Arenas server. If this is the case for everyone then the reason loading the content is taking for ever is 3FL is getting smashed.

Nuke using steamwatch or freys filter?

Edited by PC FREAK

Neither, but internode gives free downloads from all steam content servers afaik, and my speeds are better than if I was getting it from elsewhere.

I should just check my cap to make sure though.

Damn, that sucks. My download is like 55% done, how long does it take to get the DLC?

Haven't got a clue tbh. Taking a rough guess it probably took me an hour, hour and a half to get everything but that was including all the stuff I had to go through before I could actually download it.

Steamwatch didn't want to play nice with DA:O so I ended up turning it off, but my metering is showing up that most of my content has been pulled off something that Telstra thinks is unmetered. ./shrug

So, how do we go about getting this DLC downloaded? I went to Downloadable Content in the main menu, and its saying that I need a certain amount of points to redeem the 2 DLCs, I thought they came for free with the digital deluxe edition?

Also, merged my EA account with my Bioware Account, but on the Bioware Social network, I cant see anything about DLC.

Okay got it.

Incase anyone else needs help with the steam digital deluxe edition:

Once you setup your DA:O account and log in to the bioware social network, click the profile button and click register game.

Go to steam and right click DA:O and then view game cd key, the game cd key is the bottom one, so click that and click copy to clipboard, then paste it into the text box and click okay. Your game is now registered.

For the DLC, once again, click profile, and click redeem promo code. Next, do the same thing as before in steam with view game cd key, and click the First key, , copy that into the promo code text box and click okay.

Once thats done, you can go back into the game, click Downloadable content and hopefully your stuff should start auto downloading.

Edited by nukejockey

What keys specifically? Content keys or game key? i just got the game then and its ready to paly so i might be able to help

My game key was 5 sets of 4 characters in this format

XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Each set had both numbers and letters

the content keys were

4 sets of 4

XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Each set had both numbers and letters

I hope this helps PC FREAK

Edited by Bundywow

Cheers mate.

Cant find my game key it seems :(

DA:O keeps restarting in steam. 4th time ive started downloading the content :/

Edited by PC FREAK

Hmm, just had another look, I kinda screwed up on my guide.

The game CD key is the bottom one, its like 20 characters long. The content key is the one with 4 sets of 4.

I think :P

There have been rumblings of issues with Windows 7 64bit edition crashing out at various points.

Anyone having issues with Win7 x64bit Edition?

Hmm, just had another look, I kinda screwed up on my guide.

The game CD key is the bottom one, its like 20 characters long. The content key is the one with 4 sets of 4.

I think :P

Yeah it is the bottom one :P Just tried then and worked :P

Cheers mate.

Cant find my game key it seems :(

DA:O keeps restarting in steam. 4th time ive started downloading the content :/

I got the boxed game and paid extra for the DLC like an idiot.. anyway..

some things to try mate

When i was in the bioware support it said that if you buy the game on line it is emailed to you?

Also from memory with warhammer 40k DoWII i remeber being able to see my cd key by hitting shift tab while in the game and there was a button on the steam UI perhaps its the same in DA:O.

Some support forums say you can view your cd key from steam interface

" In the "My Games" tab, right click Dragon Age: Origins and select "View Game CD Key." "

Also if it's any additional help you can add the DLC from inside the game itself it is possible it will recognise your install as a deluxe or collectors edition or w/e and allow your content without having to activate on their website.

Just some things to try gl mate..

::Edit::

I should have hit refresh before i replied again.

Glad to see it's working so far the game is pretty fun very smooth to play even on high settings and alt tabs instantly with no issues..

Im on Xp 32bit

sry neowulf cant help with the Win 7 64 bit..

The problem might be something else i read there was a problem with some nvidia driver versions?? might want to update drivers or check for a game patch perhaps.

Edited by Bundywow

It's a huge game pretty much all dialogue is spoken and allot of custom animations in cut scenes etc. I am hoping they will support this game for a long time with DLC and the like.

HAHA just noticed its got support for g15 keyboard nothing special though.

I just did what i guess is the combat tutorial you have to kill some rats in a kitchen and there is blood spatter that coats your characters during combat that persists in cut scenes after we killed the rats my dogs face was covered in blood spray it looked awesome haha.. An advantage of in game rendered cut scenes.

sry its taking you so long maybe read up or something about it while you wait.. Did you download a character creator? It was about 300MB fromt he bioware website you can make your charecter that can be imported into the game might give you something to look at sorting through all the skills/ races etc.

It's a huge game pretty much all dialogue is spoken and allot of custom animations in cut scenes etc. I am hoping they will support this game for a long time with DLC and the like.

HAHA just noticed its got support for g15 keyboard nothing special though.

I just did what i guess is the combat tutorial you have to kill some rats in a kitchen and there is blood spatter that coats your characters during combat that persists in cut scenes after we killed the rats my dogs face was covered in blood spray it looked awesome haha.. An advantage of in game rendered cut scenes.

sry its taking you so long maybe read up or something about it while you wait.. Did you download a character creator? It was about 300MB fromt he bioware website you can make your charecter that can be imported into the game might give you something to look at sorting through all the skills/ races etc.

Thanks mate, its not so much the wait just the toll its taking on my dl limit. :P

The waits not bothering me due to exam study :(

Edited by PC FREAK

bundwow is helping everyone but ignoring me. :( check your pms, email, etc. tell me what i did to have you ignoring me. I joined an east coast server living in hawaii so I could play aion with you and you dissappear out of nowhere without a trace. Armd is being deployed into war and I dont see stretch anymore. Let me know what i did and ill drop it and stop bothering you man. I dont wanna be a pest but it urks me not knowing what I did and you completely ignoring me from talking to me daily.

To keep this thread on subject:

Looks like a great game, cant wait for it to finish downloading since nobody i like plays aion anymore might as well play something else. lol go download go! 31% to go!