Sign in to follow this  
bickas

Dragon Age:Origins

Man, I knew this would come out before I got paid.

Ah well. Two days should give me time to get through BoGT and get ready for an epic adventure.

haha nice one, you better buy some more bandwidth for us if your still having a lan :P

Already bought 30 dollars worth of quote this month fucked if i know where it went all ive really downloaded is Steam shit. So either nodes fucked or i let some torrents download that i didnt want :/

It's almost like reading an Eddings novel. You know you're going to get the exact same plot elements over and over, yet you can't help but read...

The story is actually very good. It makes me want to read the novels to get the backstory...

I'm almost done with it now. I'm going to really have to play back through to side with the factions I didn't side with this time.

Dwarf commoner rogue this time and pretty much had a full melee team, I reckon next time human mage (that will go blood) with a mostly ranged + a tank group.

There's an achievement to go into every area though, which is a pretty crazy achievement. And there's one for like... not dying. WTF. My rogue's died like 50 times. Haha.

There's achievements for not dying in each act. Hasn't been too hard so far, I've got two meatshields with Morgain and myself just blowing crap up from range so I haven't died short of a wipe which just makes you reload anyway. Although I am feeling pretty underwhelmed with an archer, it's not really putting out that much damage.

The story is actually very good. It makes me want to read the novels to get the backstory...

They're not too bad at all, considering they were written for a computer game. See if your library has them.

anyone played around with the 'toolset' yet?

Not me, I'm afraid to. Toolsets tend to make me stop playing the game and start modding for the game. I want to actually play this one for a while.

There's achievements for not dying in each act. Hasn't been too hard so far, I've got two meatshields with Morgain and myself just blowing crap up from range so I haven't died short of a wipe which just makes you reload anyway. Although I am feeling pretty underwhelmed with an archer, it's not really putting out that much damage.

Same 8^(, i only really noticed it after useing morrigan abit and seeing how fast she drops mobs >_<. Still enjoying an archer tho so will stick with it and hope its just shit bows 8^P.

Edited by Azawrath

anyone played around with the 'toolset' yet?

Vanne there has been a delay with the toolset, Bioware discovered a bug and decided not to release it until they have resolved the issue. There has been some outrage over this on the da forums, personnaly I think people are just trolling.

I've managed to play about 40 minutes as a mage, haven't progressed through the harrowing yet, have enjoyed it so far.

I decided to restart and try a rogue archer rather then a fighter one. After taking the melee firing talent I decided to pick up some dual wield talents to compliment my character... yeah archery sucks so much god damn cock it's not funny. Mobs literally drop dead when I enter the room now and I'm having serious remorse over that one point that's in archery but cbf starting over again for. Not to mention all that 'free' loot I'm able to pick up now and the crazy arse fatalities you get to see.

I find the Bard chick lilliana really good with archery and that ability that guarantees them a crit on a 10 second cool down

I use my mage to cone of cold like 4 enemy and use my melee and ranger to shatter 3 or all 4 of them before the freeze wears off

Question

Do you guys just turn group tactics off for everyone and control everyone yourself like i do? I find myself pausing the game a tremendous amount like sometimes every second, the problem i had with the Ai was people not continuing to do what i was telling them, so in the end i resorted to controlling everyone all the time no matter what.

Had my first run in with an Ogre...

After trying to beat the thing for 30 minutes, gave up and set the game to "Easy"... oh the shame.

If you're going to play the game in real time, you pretty much *have* to set the combat to easy. Less you'll get completley spanked.

Shame really, because on normal the battles are amazingly tactical.

I suggest going into your tactics and setting them to use health pots when below 50%. Then set it back to normal.

That works right up until the damn thing picks up one of my party and smashes them to a pulp!. Damn that thing was nasty.

Still, will have to play with tatics a bit more.

Just finished my 2nd Dragon fight! man they are some insane fights and highly recommend fire resist gear ^_^.

Just started downloading through Steam... for a sec there it said 3bytes/s!

Reckons 16 hours... so I've got 16 hours to perfect my char!